DR communications-HELP!

Miami

Jan 25, 2004
Hello Everyone!

We are moving to the DR in September and we seem to be able to research and get most all information that we have been seeking EXCEPT we hope you have some answers on different communications we are going to need. I can't keep bothering my realtor for everything.

DSL..... I find Caribe Net on the web but that just reflects dial up.... any suggestions for the best ? I know that DSL is available.

Local telephone service? Is that Codetel?

Long distance..... the VERY cheapest way to do this as we talk frequently to Miami!

Satellite Radio... is it available on the island yet?
Any tips will be greatly appreciated... thanks

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Miami said:
Hello Everyone!

DSL..... I find Caribe Net on the web but that just reflects dial up.... any suggestions for the best ? I know that DSL is available.

Local telephone service? Is that Codetel?

Long distance..... the VERY cheapest way to do this as we talk frequently to Miami!

Any tips will be greatly appreciated... thanks

Codetel/Verizon has DSL service in certain areas. There are telephone/cellular plans that allow you to call anywhere in North America for 3,25 pesos/minute. (6 cents US)
Don't know about satellite radio.

Miami

Jan 25, 2004
Rocky said:
Codetel/Verizon has DSL service in certain areas. There are telephone/cellular plans that allow you to call anywhere in North America for 3,25 pesos/minute. (6 cents US)
Don't know about satellite radio.

Thanks Rocky! That was quick, easy and painless!!!!

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Miami said:
Thanks Rocky! That was quick, easy and painless!!!!

Plus we have Tricom for DSL and various cable companies.

Also, maybe 1,000 posts on this message board relating to this topic.
I suggest you use the search function to find out all the details, pricing etc.

gjsuk

Apr 7, 2003
Satellite radio

Miami said:

last time I looked (about 6 months ago) XM and the other one were NOT available here due to the positioning of their satellites. Anyone got any more recent info??

an alternative would be to have a Direct TV or Dishnetwork satellite TV system and use their music channels