James, Neville, Cole, Terry, Campbell,Lampard,Scholes,Beckham,Gerrard,Rooney and Owen

Status
Not open for further replies.

tired_boy

Bronze
Dec 4, 2003
Euro 2004 is nearly upon us..............England are bound to beat France and lose to Switzerland (its inevitable).

I personally will be in Sosua (Eddy's Bar) to watch the action unfold this Sunday at 2:45p.m.

Will you?

Lets get as many there as we can and fill the bar, lets clap, shout, cheer, drink Presidente and jump up and down on the tables (the last one may not be allowed).

Is this thread going to flop or will you add your name to this huge list so far............

tired_boy (simon)
Robert

Sade

Jul 9, 2002
Why is it that the English think they can play soccer.The last time you won anything was back in 1966.must be all that rain.
sade.

tired_boy

Bronze
Dec 4, 2003
So you 2 won't be there then? ;)

England may not win the championship, they might not even win a group game, but the fans are passionate and it makes for plenty of banter :)

They will win though

tired_boy

Bronze
Dec 4, 2003
Larry said:
Soccer, what a boring sport. Have fun.

Larry

Is this everyone's opinion then, is no one else bothered about going? I will be flying in 9hrs and 7mins and i will not get to see any other replies.

C'mon Rob lets drum up some support!

toneloc24

Bronze
Mar 8, 2004
tired_boy said:
So you 2 won't be there then? ;)

England may not win the championship, they might not even win a group game, but the fans are passionate and it makes for plenty of banter :)

They will win though

Sounds a lot like Boston Red Sox & Chicago Cubs fans. :laugh:

I guess, keep hope alive, fellas :confused:

At least, the Presidentes will be ice cold!!!!!!!!

tired_boy

Bronze
Dec 4, 2003
Sade said:
Why is it that the English think they can play soccer.The last time you won anything was back in 1966.must be all that rain.
sade.

Its the England Vs Portugal though tomorrow in the Quarter Final, its looking better than it did after the France game!

Roooooooooooooooooney!

TERRY

Feb 1, 2002
tired_boy said:
Its the England Vs Portugal though tomorrow in the Quarter Final, its looking better than it did after the France game!

Roooooooooooooooooney!
Ach well tired boy its back to the arcade for you, maybe Robert will get a football game,hopefully it wont have penalty kicks :p
Terry.

Barnabe

Dec 20, 2002
Just like against France, they scored and stopped playing, just trying to keep the game under control.

England was better than France, better than Portugal, and they lost.

Scholes, Lampard, Gerrard, Beckham, Rooney (bad luck), Owen (plus 2 monsters behind)in the team and they did not play..

Barnab?

Oche

Jan 6, 2004
At least they fought to the last minute and didn't lose so unlucky as they did with France, and shame on those to try to bad mouth poor Beckham with the penalty kick. I blame Erickson for selecting James as goalkeeper...

BTW, where the hell was Heskey and why wasn't he brought in the game instead of Vassel??

Erickson blew it again...

Rooney is the king!!, maybe in Germany 2006 England has a chance to win 3rd place at least...

Nevertheless i'm satisfied that two of my most hated teams are out of the Eurocup: Spain and Italy.

Arve

Oct 13, 2002
England wasn't unlucky when they lost to France, just useless. Heskey
and Gerrard messed up badly and it had nought to do with bad luck.

Too bad England crashed out. James isn't to blame, he's a good goalie.
The fact that he isn't great is just one example of how the English
team simply isn't good enough. Scholes on the left is another. Cole on the
left back, decent central defence, Gerrard ( Long may he stay in LFC.. )
and Rooney and that's pretty much it for England.

Erikson has done a good job with the team and should stay. Tactically
England played sensibly after scoring early, but ( luckily ) the Euro so far
has shown that defending teams have rarely managed to withstand the
pressure. Vassel is possibly better for quick counterattacks than Heskey,
which would explain why he got to play instead. Heskey might have come
had it been later in the game. My guess. :)

Great watching a championship when your team isn't in it though.. Rather
than torture, heartattack and inevitable defeat one can actually
enjoy the whole thing. Strange feeling. :)

Erm... So how's the live coverage in the DR coming along? *Cough*:)

tired_boy

Bronze
Dec 4, 2003
Arve said:
Tactically England played sensibly after scoring early

Tactically they played awful...............you do not sit back on a 1 nil lead from the 4th minute to the 90th.

Status
Not open for further replies.