Sick laptop

Ladybird

Bronze
Dec 15, 2003
dreamteamdownloads1.com
Can anyone help my laptop keeps doing strange things, then it says recovered from a serious error, details say it might be in conflict with a driver, then it will close down and restart. Ive deleted any recent new programs, the keyboard letters also jump, i.e. if Im typing a sentence sometimes it will jump back a line and continue typing on that line. The battery wont hold its charge and the power box is red hot. :bunny: Any help please,??? this is my lifetime.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Ladybird said:
Can anyone help my laptop keeps doing strange things, then it says recovered from a serious error, details say it might be in conflict with a driver, then it will close down and restart. Ive deleted any recent new programs, the keyboard letters also jump, i.e. if Im typing a sentence sometimes it will jump back a line and continue typing on that line. The battery wont hold its charge and the power box is red hot. :bunny: Any help please,??? this is my lifetime.

Having laptops fixed here is more hit and miss that desktops.
I suggest you take it to a registered re-seller if it's a brand.

Or...

Take it to someone that has half a brain to try and fix it.
Sorry, I have yet to find that person (laptop repairs) here.

Sorry, I don't do laptops, they are nightmare to work on.

Good luck!

KrackedKris

On Vacation!
Apr 8, 2004
Robert said:

Or...

Good luck!

The machine itself isn't too bad to work on, IF you can figure how the stupid case comes apart. Putting it back together is another issue :-(

I repaired a Dell, everything was fine until I typed, missed some stupid plastic post that supported the entire middle of the keyboard

MrMike

Silver
Mar 2, 2003
www.azconatechnologies.com
Be very careful taking it to a repair shop, it is very common for the techs to steal your hard drive and memory and tell you your laptop cannot be repaired.

Where are you, North Coast?

Ladybird

Bronze
Dec 15, 2003
dreamteamdownloads1.com
MrMike said:
Be very careful taking it to a repair shop, it is very common for the techs to steal your hard drive and memory and tell you your laptop cannot be repaired.

Where are you, North Coast?

Yes Mike Sosua, in a beautiful casa overlooking the sea, fancy a couple of days break here to take a look at my hard drive?? barby :cheeky:

tuckone

Feb 29, 2004
Ladybird said:

reinstall you o/s, this should sort out your problems

Ladybird

Bronze
Dec 15, 2003
dreamteamdownloads1.com
tuckone said:
reinstall you o/s, this should sort out your problems

Youve been at my house yesterday ate all my food drank most of my beer, came back today and finished the beer and you knew all the time how to fix my laptop...... no HEINZ. :dead: whats os how do I do that

Ladybird

Bronze
Dec 15, 2003
dreamteamdownloads1.com
Robert said:

Or...

Good luck!

Thanks Robert we all need plenty of that here

MotorCity Mike

Apr 9, 2004
Laptop Repair

What kind of Laptop is it? Do you have Windows 98 or Windows XP? Does it have a CD-ROM drive? Floppy Drive?

If you don't have it fixed by the time I get down there, I can fix it.

MCM

MrMike

Silver
Mar 2, 2003
www.azconatechnologies.com
I was just thinking that if you can wait until this weekend, my associate Matthew will be in Cabarete and he likes to fix people's laptops sometimes. I believe you know him, if you need his # let me know I will PM you.

tuckone

Feb 29, 2004
Ladybird said:
Youve been at my house yesterday ate all my food drank most of my beer, came back today and finished the beer and you knew all the time how to fix my laptop...... no HEINZ. :dead: whats os how do I do that

Im not a mind reader, you did not mention there was anything wrong with your laptop. O/S is operating system ie: XP

Ladybird

Bronze
Dec 15, 2003
dreamteamdownloads1.com
JimB said:
Sounds to me like your cooling fan has stopped working. I had similar symptoms with one of my desktop computers last year. The chip gets so hot, it does not function properly. I thought the darn thing was possessed by the way it was acting. Replaced the cooling fan and all was well again.

JimB

Well Jim my house is possessed so its probably got into the laptop, but I replaced the fan in January, I'll get it looked at again. Thanks Barby

Ladybird

Bronze
Dec 15, 2003
dreamteamdownloads1.com
MrMike said:
I was just thinking that if you can wait until this weekend, my associate Matthew will be in Cabarete and he likes to fix people's laptops sometimes. I believe you know him, if you need his # let me know I will PM you.

Thanks Mike, Ive done 2 system restore and the second one seems to have improved it, also saw improvements when I deleted 2 problemic files attached to emails, (I only ever open those I know, but these weren't decoded properly). but its still not right, I def need a new battery.