Basketball in the DR

hollabaq

May 19, 2004
Anyone know about the bball scene in D.R.? I know they have a few leagues and teams, and will have a good squad this summer in the olympic games. Anyone know any sites w/links or anything? Also, how many universities are in the DR? :glasses: Thanks

JDub

Apr 7, 2003
I forgot what I said the first time you posted this question so just do a search for it and you'll find out. Do another forum search on universities and you'll get alotta results for that too.

Isla

Nov 8, 2005
i wanna go to Pucmm next year.
im female and i wanna play ball!!!! but theres just no sports for girls...or is there!?!?! are there any clubs etc in santiago..or a womens team?!?!?!!?

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
You might be able to find a game or two. The thing is that students at the PUCMM do not have that much time for sports. It is academics first, all the time.
When you get to Santiago, go down to the Palacio de Deportes and look around for some female basketball. Talk to the players and ask. There are tournaments, not very many, but they do exist.
A lot will depend on what you are going to study, what your class schedule is and where you end up living.

HB :D:D

A.J.

Jan 2, 2002
For a Santiago Basketball website - http://www.abasaca.com

This is the professional basketball in Santiago.

Isla -
You could also play on some of the local courts, I know that is how a friend (female) got involved with Basketball. There are some popular courts on Las Carreras that are pretty busy.