Is it easy 2 find hotel work...?

NicolaGriff

Jun 8, 2004
Hiya Everyone, i'm a newbie so please be nice!
I was just wondering how easy/hard everyone thought it would be to get work in a resort/hotel during the summer as im just outta college and plan on having a year out before going back to uni, i'm english and speak basic spanish and german and prepared to do anything really ie bar work waitressing, kids club, anamacion team, qualified lifeguard and first aider, I really want work in the PC area (Sirenis really) and have a few good friends helping me to look although not really getting anywhere as the hotels are fairly empty at the momement and the managers not wanting to take on any staff. I wondered if anyone had any leads, help, suggestions or advice that could aid me in being able to get a job, Thank you xxx

Nelly

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
I believe the next tourist influx happens around the first of July so you might want to hold out until then. I have also heard that it is better to go and talk to the hotel management in person when seeking a job. Sounds like you already know that it is tough to find a job and if you have friends that work in the hotels, you must also know that they don't pay very much (3,500 to 5,000 pesos per month plus a percentage on average), and the hours are very long (for ex. 15 days work then 3 days off).
Good luck. I hope you find what you are looking for and that you have a great summer.