Watch men (security)

mekkizm

Jun 1, 2004
Hi all, does anyone know more or less what a watch man costs in Santiago?

We need someone to watch over our property in Santiago, everyone tells me that this is a very safe area (Jardines de Yaque) but I still think we may need someone to take care of our place while we travel back and forth from NYC. Does anyone know this part of Santiago??

Thanks.

Adrian Bye

Bronze
Jul 7, 2002
mekkizm said:
Hi all, does anyone know more or less what a watch man costs in Santiago?

We need someone to watch over our property in Santiago, everyone tells me that this is a very safe area (Jardines de Yaque) but I still think we may need someone to take care of our place while we travel back and forth from NYC. Does anyone know this part of Santiago??

Thanks.

RD$3500 - RD$4000/month

Werner

Feb 19, 2004
Yeh, sure............

Tell me, who would hire a security guy with the nickname "Badpiece".
:bandit: :paranoid: :bandit: :confused: :bandit:

Werner

Feb 19, 2004
Might be, Mike. But since they ask on a forum they most likely dont know him.
I got your point, hope you got mine as well.

MrMike

Silver
Mar 2, 2003
www.azconatechnologies.com
Problem is for that moneuy you basically get a guy who sleeps in your yard. Also he makes very little money and knows when you are home, and if there is anything missing he has almost no responsibility (though the police may beat him up during routine questioning)

For around 50 pesos an hour you can hire a security company that will rotate your guard regularly (the guard never knows where he will work on which night so he can't setup a robbery) and the company will also take responsibility for goods stolen under it's watch.

An attentive neighbor can be just as good, (if they are home) don't take anything for granted because you are in a "safe" area.

Ladybird

Bronze
Dec 15, 2003
dreamteamdownloads1.com
Werner said:
Tell me, who would hire a security guy with the nickname "Badpiece".
:bandit: :paranoid: :bandit: :confused: :bandit:

Werner, what kind of flowers do you want at your funeral? have you seen the size of Badpiece? You should now grovel, beg, apologise every hour on the hour for perhaps a week then ask if hes forgiven your remark. Good Luck. :dead: :p :p

Werner

Feb 19, 2004
To get back to the subject............

Most likely he wears the nick "badpiece" for a reason. Since "Motorcity Mike" backs him up I take a wild guess that they are coming out of the bikers scene. So do I. Didnt say anything with disrespect however. Never been scarred the last 38 years and not planning to be on the coming 38 years.

Quote:You should now grovel, beg, apologise every hour. Same counts here. Not in the last 38 years, not in the coming 38 years. ;)

But then again, who would hire a guy you dont know for security reasons when his nick name is "Badpiece". Thats the subject. I woudnt, but then again, I dont need security.

MotorCity Mike

Apr 9, 2004
Werner said:
Most likely he wears the nick "badpiece" for a reason. Since "Motorcity Mike" backs him up I take a wild guess that they are coming out of the bikers scene. So do I. Didnt say anything with disrespect however. Never been scarred the last 38 years and not planning to be on the coming 38 years.

Quote:You should now grovel, beg, apologise every hour. Same counts here. Not in the last 38 years, not in the coming 38 years. ;)

But then again, who would hire a guy you dont know for security reasons when his nick name is "Badpiece". Thats the subject. I woudnt, but then again, I dont need security.

This is getting stupid......guessing I'm coming from a "biker's scene". If in your low-level intelligence you would have read the post, you would have seen that Badpiece was joking about providing security (that's what the icon with the wink means). He also was informing the original poster that of the cost of local security.

Being a "Newbie" on here, it might be a good idea to understand the post before you start commenting on usernames and generalizing that people are coming from the same "biker's scene".

MCM

Werner

Feb 19, 2004
Dont worry......................

Jesus, Mike?. Before you start insulting people about there intelligence read everything really well.. :tired:

Badpiece uses the smile with a wink ;) and I respond with a big fat smile :p before I ask who would hire a security guy with the nickname ?Badpiece?.

After that Ladybird responds with what flowers, and so on. Also with two smiley, so not to be taken too serious. At least, that?s how I take it.

I am reading very well before I respond. The fact that I say that you might come from the biker scene is after I say that I take a wild guess. Do I have to explain what a wild guess means? The fact that I have responded only 10 times (11 now) and have been registered since February 2004 under this name doesn?t mean that I am a newbie. First of all a newbie says nothing about being smart or not. Second of all, I have been a member before under a different name. Beside that there are many members that don?t really write but read almost everything.
Don?t challenge my intelligence; you make a joke out of yourself doing so.

Badpiece: Beer I did gave away the last 38 years and will also do the coming 38 years. Guess a cold Presidente doesn?t cost me my sleep. ;)

Escott

Gold
Jan 14, 2002
www.escottinsosua.blogspot.com
Jesus, just because the guy has a bad toupee don't get down on his ***.

That is what came to mind when I first saw his handle. Sorry I missed meeting him a few times already. Maybe the next time in Heaven.

What does an awful wig have to do with Motorcycle anywho?

Escottisterical

johnsr

Bronze
Apr 13, 2002
Escott said:
Jesus, just because the guy has a bad toupee don't get down on his ***.

That is what came to mind when I first saw his handle. Sorry I missed meeting him a few times already. Maybe the next time in Heaven.

What does an awful wig have to do with Motorcycle anywho?

Escottisterical

Badpiece, having never meet me was kind enough to drive out to Costa Dorado to pick me up for the Motor city Mike get together at Rocky's 5/22!! That says a lot about not only him, but also many of the others who offered to help me out with transportation.
BTW Badpiece does not refer to his hair!!!!! :cool:
John

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
I certainly wouldn't want to upset him any - not after that handshake he gave me!! And those arms of his appear to have been transplanted from someone's thighs!!!! ANOTHER gentle giant comes to the DR!!!

Back to subject ..... I agree with MrMike that you should consider a COMPANY rather than an individual as watchman. Especially important is the comment that the company accepts responsibility for stuff burgled whilst they have a watchman "ON SITE"!!! I heard of a burglary today where the two watchmen at a site were informed of "Prowlers" in close proximity of the grounds they were supposed to be guarding. Armed with that information they still allowed the burglars to get in, rob at least one apartment AND get away with US $6,000 worth of goodies! THAT amount of money COULD have been claimed back from the company IF such a company had been employed - as it was a 'Private' arrangement, no such claim was possible!!

Just as a quick aside - PLEASE remember that having guards does NOT lessen the needs for household Insurance!!! These are desperate times as many people are starving & can only survive by stealing. - Grahame.