A fun weekend in Boca Chica

Scuba

May 27, 2004
Each Tuesday, I receive an email from American Airlines listing their specials for the following weekend (my guess is they are flights that have not filled up). Every 4 to 6 weeks or so, a rock bottom price is advertized from Miami to the D.R. (Usually in the $139 to $169 range.)

I grabbed one of those flights last week and spent the weekend in Boca Chica.

I took a taxi from the airport and stayed at the Zapata Hotel. This is an inexpensive hotel directly on the beach. Although nothing fancy, it is far better than any Motel 6, Ramada, or lower priced chain in the US.

The Zapata has a private beach area looking out over the public beach area. This is nice as it keeps the local venders out of your hair. The Zapata provides a free breakfast including in the low daily rate of $45 per day.

What impressed me the most is the cleanliness of the hotel. The maids are constantly cleaning the grounds, halls, lobby areas.

The hotel permits overnight visitors, but they must leave by 7:30am. This allows those who wish to party, the opportunity, but still provides for discretion and is a more wholesome family atmosphere.

I was a little surprised at the number of "working girls" on the street. I noticed them on my last visit 3 years ago, but I was surprised to see so many this time (probably 40 girls).

If you are a single guy, looking for girls, this is it. If you are bringing your family, then I recommend the Coral Hamaca, where you never need to leave the resort.

frank alvarez

Apr 13, 2004
...things are tough all over!

Scuba said:
I was a little surprised at the number of "working girls" on the street. I noticed them on my last visit 3 years ago, but I was surprised to see so many this time (probably 40 girls).

With the peso devaluation, runaway inflation and total economic disarray in the country, no wonder there are a lot more "working girls" around Boca Chica. You can bet this is the same all over the country since things are tough all over!

p1atan0

May 25, 2004
Boca chica

I Decided to drive to Boca Chica one day in November and surprisingly enough I was all alone sitting next to Zapata Hotel. After a while I decided to go into the water and as I was walking out, two verry pretty young girls approched me and asked if I wanted company. Unfortunately I was already leaving, because it was kinda late.

I can't beleive how the economy of the country has effected the people.

Scuba

May 27, 2004
Another thing I notices while in Boca Chica....

There were very few American tourists.... maybe they were all at the Coral Hamaca and afraid to leave the resort, but I was surprised how few Americans on this trip. Actually, I did not meet a single one.

Lot's of Italians... I am not sure where the Canadians were hiding, usually I meet several.

Overall, tourism is down... way down as compared to my previous visits.

I hope things improve for the economy.

I tried to get a busload of people to visit last month, but some turkey opened a window and the dang thing sank before we got past the Bahamas.

:D

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
Short Answer......

No.

You can buy a day pass but if you want a fling in the sack you will pay close to 3 times what the fling in the sack costs to get the guest into the resort for the day and worse yet she may not want to leave.

If your aim for the trip is mainly sack flinging skip AI's and try the El Candil. Even if not that's good advice.