Slow Down at the Refinery: Fuel update

Coastal

Jul 14, 2003
For the last week or so, the LPG tanker trucks who used to park in the refinery area have been banned from entering and have been parking on the street. This has been a point of contention between the truck drivers and the refinery which yesterday (Wednesday, 9 June 2004) led to a strike and blockade preventing all trucks from entering the refinery for most of the day yesterday and lasting until early this morning. This has caused a back-log of normal fuel deliveries of gasoline and diesel fuel. The situation between the LPG drivers and the refinery has not been resolved so these actions may repeat themselves. So given the current electrical situation and the high demand for diesel, you should not let your fuel tanks fall to very low levels before ordering additional fuel as your fuel provider may experience spot shortages. We are receiving fuel from our other depot and are currently not affected by this problem. LPG still is not being filled so if you have near-empty tanks, it would be wise to fill them if you can.

Just a "heads-up" folks.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Thanks, Gregg

I knew about the problems but I had not realized that the other fuels were also an issue. Glad to know this.

Now, if we can just get the new genset installed, we'll have lights again!

HB

Coastal

Jul 14, 2003
Chris & Hillbilly, you are very welcome!!

I will post any updates concerning the fuel situation as I receive them.

Greg

P.S. HB, if you need to get a tank made for your generator, I have used (and would recommend) Sr. Juan Pablo Florentino at Talleres Ind. Marcial Smester, Ave Central esq Espa?a (front of fire station) for quite a few tanks and am always pleased with price/service, plus he's a nice fellow. I bet you already know him though...