PR Parade

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chopical

Jul 6, 2003
Okay I know this is the DR board but the PR Parade is still going to be hot and I think it's worth discussing. Unfortunitely, the DR parade doesn't get the same celeb's or publicity that the PR one does.

http://www.ny.com/holiday/pdparade.html

I'm planning on going. I'm a huge fan of Fat Joes, I absolutely love Sunkissed-hot lyrics, they way Tony Sunshine sings and looks makes me want to swoon, Remi Martins Cool too. <Big Pun Forever> Terror Squad is so hot!

The after party will be at Webster Hall there will be : Fat Joe & The Terror Squad, Cassidy, Wayne Wonder, NORE Tony Touch & DJ Spinbad. It shouldbe really good.

http://www.websterhall.com/nightclubinformation/

So who is going?

Larry

Gold
Mar 22, 2002
Is the PR parade this Sunday? If so, I will make sure I am as far away from Manhattan as possible.

Larry

Marianopolita

Former Spanish forum Mod 2010-2021
Dec 26, 2003
Desfile- DOMINICANO

When is the Dominican day parade? I think it's in August correct?

Chopical said:
Okay I know this is the DR board but the PR Parade is still going to be hot and I think it's worth discussing. Unfortunitely, the DR parade doesn't get the same celeb's or publicity that the PR one does.

I'm planning on going. I'm a huge fan of Fat Joes, I absolutely love Sunkissed-hot lyrics, they way Tony Sunshine sings and looks makes me want to swoon, Remi Martins Cool too. <Big Pun Forever> Terror Squad is so hot!

The after party will be at Webster Hall there will be : Fat Joe & The Terror Squad, Cassidy, Wayne Wonder, NORE Tony Touch & DJ Spinbad. It shouldbe really good.

http://www.websterhall.com/nightclubinformation/

So who is going?

Chopical

Jul 6, 2003
Larry said:
Is the PR parade this Sunday? If so, I will make sure I am as far away from Manhattan as possible.

Larry

You're very funny. Lol! Sadly I think you're serious...

Do you not like those preformers, there will be other people there too...and it should be good weather. C'mon why not give it a shot?

LesleyD said:
Is
When is the Dominican day parade? I think it's in August correct?

August 10th I think.

Larry

Gold
Mar 22, 2002
Chopical said:
You're very funny. Lol! Sadly I think you're serious...

Do you not like those preformers, there will be other people there too...and it should be good weather. C'mon why not give it a shot?

August 10th I think.

I am very serious. I have had the misfortune of being present at dozens of ethnic parades in NYC and the PR parade is the second worst after the West Indian Parade. The parade attracts a very low class of people.

And the "performers" you asked me if I like..are any of them actually "performers"? I guess that is a very broad word. The guy Fat Joe is a rapper which makes me have zero respect for him in the first place. The only people I respect less than rappers are the kids that buy their music and subject me to it by blasting it from their cars or rapping to themselves like idiots in public places. The other people you mentioned, I do not know. Maybe they do have some talent. I don't know. I wont be there to see. Have fun.
Larry

PS I, like Leslie, want to know when the Dominican Day parade is. I would go to that one.

JDub

Apr 7, 2003
Word is Mase is makin a guest appearance too. I think alotta people are gunna show him love if he does perform.

Randi

Mar 14, 2004
Yes, today is the Puerto Rican day parade and I'm sure the city is a mess right now. I can't find an exact date for the Dominican Day parade but I believe it is sometime in August.

Edit: The date I found was the third Sunday in August (which is the 15th this year) at 1 p.m. and runs between 39th and 58th on 6th avenue.
http://www.carnaval.com/cityguides/newyork/parades.htm#August

Last edited:

Chopical

Jul 6, 2003
Larry said:
I am very serious. I have had the misfortune of being present at dozens of ethnic parades in NYC and the PR parade is the second worst after the West Indian Parade. The parade attracts a very low class of people.

And the "performers" you asked me if I like..are any of them actually "performers"? I guess that is a very broad word. The guy Fat Joe is a rapper which makes me have zero respect for him in the first place. The only people I respect less than rappers are the kids that buy their music and subject me to it by blasting it from their cars or rapping to themselves like idiots in public places. The other people you mentioned, I do not know. Maybe they do have some talent. I don't know. I wont be there to see. Have fun.
Larry

PS I, like Leslie, want to know when the Dominican Day parade is. I would go to that one.

Just 4dat At the next DR Meet up (if u go) i'll rent a car wit big speakers n blast Fat Joes album then when i get indoors and we're choosing seats i'll sit next to you n rap the albumto you.

fat joe isn't ur average rapper during te concert he gave a speach on unity how we are one and stuff...two boriquos were fighting n it really upset him so he gave a speacho on how that use him and we are killing ourselves when wefight eachother, he also talked about big pun. fat joe is really deep andhas a lot of depth and cares about his communty that's why he is so loved and s very popular. here is a site (cani post it n info)

http://www.kronick.com/2.0/issue23/ts.shtml
KRON:
Ever think of running for political office after Hip Hop? And how important is community to you?
FAT JOE:
Definitely! It's sad that you say that because I did a benefit right here at Jimmy's for that hurricane that destroyed Haiti, Santo Domingo and Puerto Rico. We raised $300,000.00 to give back water, medical supplies, food, and whatever. I feel like I am a people's person and a leader of our people. And at a time where we need it most is when Niggaz gotta show their truthfulness and step up. So we raised that. I also go to between 30 and 60 schools a year to talk to the kids and let `em know about teenage pregnancy and how Real it is out here for Blacks & Latinos. We're like fuckin' endangered species and like the prey in this big fuckin' concrete jungle. So I give the kids the reality. Some schools don't even want me back `cause I keep it so Real. I feel like it's important for me to go touch `em and embrace `em as somebody on that level who they know came from poverty and livin' on welfare with two outfits in a whole year, and **** like that. It's important that I speak to them rather than some white middle-aged guy who's gonna tell `em some **** they can't relate to. I think it's important for me to go out there and reach them. And as far as politically, I'm thinkin' in 8 to 10 years I wanna go for Bronx Borough President and take it to that next level. And just help my People's. Be fair to everybody, `cause I don't hate white people. But I have to take care of my own, and it's certain things that our community needs that we don't get responses to.

heres what i think of everyone

fatjoe= great preformer, amazing person
remi martin=smokin hot
sunshine=swoonworthy
armageddon=big and strong like a gorilla
TS=Terror Squad=Terror=The Squad= T.Squallors=The Immortal Terror Squad=ETC.

all of the otherpreformers were amazing too

Cassidy=incredably cute

i hadalot of fun.

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
DRKILLAS said:
Removed by moderator! Please don't "Quote" this idiot! More work for me to delete what he posts! CC

So, you just joined today & have written five posts all attacking the Dominican Republic!! Would you like to elucidate on your fear of the Dominican people for us? Is it because so many of them are able to communicate in better English than you, have a better education than you & have a great deal more charm & personality than you or is it because you just don't like them??

I don't see you remaining on this DR1 board very long if your present tirade against the Dominican people continues. If you feel mentally up to the challenge, come over here (I assume you can not be here already otherwise you couldn't write the way you do) & take a few lessons in a charm school run by Dominicans - they'll have you being a bit more sensitive in just a day or two!! - Grahame.

Last edited by a moderator:

FireGuy

Rest in peace Amigo!
Aug 21, 2002
www.polaris-fs.com
Grahame,

Don't waste your time - I see a "crash & burn" or a banning on the horizon.

Might even be more than one after Mr. Wales' performance yesterday. (LOL)

Gregg

Status
Not open for further replies.