Weddings outside a resort

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Some of these were posted by our members and some I searched for in the yellow pages.

Wedding Planner

http://www.floresconova.com/?lang=eng

Wedding Dresses

Arte y Fiesta
M T S?nchez 4
Santiago
(809) 724-0959

Bouquet Novias y Souvenirs
E de Israel 22
Santiago
(809) 336-2296

Casa De La Novia
M T S?nchez 20
Esperanza
(809) 585-8692

Novella
J A A Castellanos 148
Santo Domingo
(809) 334-6644
http://www.novella.com.do
info@novella.com.do

Marina Novias
P y Reynoso 2
Santiago
(809) 580-8413

Wedding supplies and services

Bakery In Sosua
Panader?a Reposter?a Alemana Moser
(809) 571-3383

Espalsa (Espalsa S A)
Carr Matanza Km 1 1/2
Santiago
(809) 242-7047
http://www.espalsa.com.do
oliverio.e@espalsa.com.do

Buffet & Servicios Scherezade
Av R Pastoriza 226
Santo Domingo
(809) 227-2323

Campo Trajes, S A
30 de Marzo 53
Santiago
(809) 582-4624

Castillo D-Fiestas
Independencia 34
Moca
(809) 578-6343

Minister/Priest:

In Sos?a for a JP and legal wedding
Dra. Bienvenida Dum?
Registro Civil office at the aAyuntamiento
(809) 571-1390.

Churches in the POP area

Asociaci?n Evang?lica Cristo Viene de Puerto Plata
A Monta 54
Puerto Plata
(809) 261-1195

Carita Pastoral Social Diocesana
Beller 129-A
Puerto Plata
(809) 244-4712

Churches in the South:I believe these are both Catholic churches:

Parroquia San Andr?s Ap?stol
S?nchez 2
Boca Chica
(809) 523-5339

Parroquia San Rafael Arc?ngel
P Mella 11
Boca Chica
(809) 523-4257

Limousine

Apolo Taxi/Limousine Services
809-537-1245
Mininum 2 hr rental!

For document requirement please check "The travel page"

Let me know if these numbers don't work.

Good luck

Last edited:

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
I still can't work out the font/size and color thingy or I would have replied sooner!

Anyway:
Dra. Bienvenida Dum? at the Registro Civil office at the aAyuntamiento: 571 1390. She does this all the time. Just tell her that Donato's father in Santiago sent you.

The favors are very popular. All wedding planners here have them.

GOOD IDEA ANNA: You are an incurable romantic!!

HB

Chris_NJ

Bronze
Dec 17, 2003
Wedding Halls - Santiago

I have been to 2 weddings at very nice places in Santiago.

The first one was at Gurabito Country Club and for the space it was about $500.00, but whoever reserves the hall has to be a member of the club.

The second one was at El Club de los Ferreteros. This one costed less and no membership was necessary. If you want to have good sized wedding (200 or so guests) I would recommend this place.

As far as prices of DJs, pictures, caterers I will have to ask my friend's wife (as her parents paid).

One interesting thing about Dominican weddings is that "el padrino" has to buy the liquor for everyone. I found this out the hard way.

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Oh yes I forgot to ask. who pays for what? Bride, Groom, Padrino?

Thanks for your answers so far. I will put it all together later.

Keep it coming and anything else I have forgotten.

angie.k.s

May 5, 2004
Non-resort wedding

Anyway:
Dra. Bienvenida Dum? at the Registro Civil office at the aAyuntamiento: 571 1390. She does this all the time.QUOTE]

Anybody know of anyone like this in Santo Domingo/Boca Chica area?

johnsr

Bronze
Apr 13, 2002
I would like the phone # for the "German Bakery" in Sosua located on the opposite side of the highway from the "Trade Winds". We are getting a wedding cake there and I need to call to be sure the owner will be there when we go down to order it.
Thanks
John

angie.k.s

May 5, 2004
San Pedro Wedding

Guillermina Mateo Cabral did our wedding at the courthouse in San Pedro de Macoris. We went to the courthouse on Friday to register, and came back for the wedding Saturday morning....

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
angie.k.s said:
Guillermina Mateo Cabral did our wedding at the courthouse in San Pedro de Macoris. We went to the courthouse on Friday to register, and came back for the wedding Saturday morning....

Great. Do you have a phone number so others can contact him?

Lucy

Jan 7, 2002
Giulia, at Ventos in cabarete, has done some absolutley beautiful weddings on the beach, as far as i know, she does all the planning!
Lucy

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Limo Rental

Gathering info from other threads to add on this one.

I used Apolo Taxi for my wedding 2 years ago. They have limo rentals as well. They were on time and very professional.

Apolo Taxi/Limousine Services
809-537-1245
3,000$RD per hour (6 passengers)
3,500$RD per hour (8 passengers)
4,000$RD per hour (10 passengers)

Mininum 2 hr rental!- Poster ginger ale

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Wedding Dresses

Buying and renting Bridal wear:

In Santo Domingo there's a bridal boutique/salon/whatever called "Classic Elegance", that's on the 27 de Febrero, quite near Plaza Central. I rented my dress there and it's beautiful! They have a good selection and you can also rent jewelry, tiaras...almost everything. They also have excellent photo service.

At plaza central there's a little shop called Novissima. There's also another one called Novella, they have an European selection (Pro novias for instance) but I don't know the address.
Poster - Naksu

Last edited:

MrMike

Silver
Mar 2, 2003
www.azconatechnologies.com
Ana asked me to post the name and number of a designer for wedding dresses in this thread, but since she works out of her home and hasn't given me permission to post her number for now you can PM me and I will put you in touch.

Sukie

Jun 26, 2002
Planning Cabarete Wedding 8/26/04

Anna Coniglio said:
Here we'll list where to go for things if you are marring outside of a resort:

Who to call in the North Coast for:

Flowers:where/how much?

Minister/Priest: Names and phone numbers

Who makes the best wedding cakes: name/phone numbers, price.

Hi everyone - I've been asked to plan a wedding in Cabarete on August 26, 2004. The couple would like to get married right on the beach at sunset. We're staying in a apt. hotel (El Magnifico) and not a resort. I'd appreciate your help w/the following:

Florist: Name/phone numbers (simple bouquet and boutoniere will do)

Cabarete Minister/Priest: Name/phone numbers

Dominican bakery/wedding cake: Name/phone numbers, price

Thank you in advance!

Sukie

Jun 26, 2002
Lucy said:
Giulia, at Ventos in cabarete, has done some absolutley beautiful weddings on the beach, as far as i know, she does all the planning!
Lucy
Lucy - Do you have an email address for Giulia? The Vento website is under construction. Thanks

sosso

Aug 12, 2004
wedding help?

This is my first message on this forum so apologies if it goes all wrong! My boyfriend and I are off to Cabarete in February to work and we'd like to get married there. Hopefully it will be 40 odd people and very casual. Any ideas of how to go about it and how much it all costs? Any help would be much much appreciated!

(eg Gulia's number from Ventos by the sounds of it!)

Thanks,
Sophie

rickymartin

Aug 3, 2004
wedding in Cabarete

sosso said:
This is my first message on this forum so apologies if it goes all wrong! My boyfriend and I are off to Cabarete in February to work and we'd like to get married there. Hopefully it will be 40 odd people and very casual. Any ideas of how to go about it and how much it all costs? Any help would be much much appreciated!

(eg Gulia's number from Ventos by the sounds of it!)

Thanks,
Sophie
I organised a really nice wedding rehersal the year for 100 people from Miami at Ventos. It all came off without a hitch and was a great choice.

sosso

Aug 12, 2004
Cabarete wedding

rickymartin said:
I organised a really nice wedding rehersal the year for 100 people from Miami at Ventos. It all came off without a hitch and was a great choice.

Thanks for that but... what is Ventos?

Lucy

Jan 7, 2002
Hi,
Ventos is a really quaint, Italian restaraunt right in the middle of Cabarete, on the beach. It has a wonderful ambiance, great food, and wonderful staff.
Giullia plans a great wedding, big or small, she takes care of all the details, flowers, music, etc. She is a very cool, eccentric, amazing person, very easy to get along with! She is a very good friend of mine. Tell her, her Canadian hairstylist directed you there! The number is 571 0977, bueno suarte!
Lucy