Fishing Near Sosua

Dirt

Jun 10, 2004
I'm new to the Sosua area and interested fishing the local waters. I'm looking for any information that can get me started in the right direction. I like fishing the coastline rather then offshore. Thanks

Larry

Gold
Mar 22, 2002
I usually go fishing for UBH in Sosua. They are easy to catch. I don't even use any bait. They are attracted to my pole.

Larry

Pavan

Jan 18, 2002
Ubh

For those of you who did not get what UBH means it is Ugly Black Hooker. However, in my friend Larry's case it is UBHH which stands for Ugly Black Hatian Hooker. What's the matter with you Larry......no big mamas for you in the States.

Returning to the fishing scene......fresh water fishing in DR is best in Presa de Tavaras which is about 40 minutes south of Santiago. You can get some decent size large mouth bass and with luck some Israeli Carp.

Salt water......don't ask me as the first and last time I went, I spent all the time hung over the side board puking my bloody guts out......trust me when it tastes bad swallow it back because its your other end coming out.

Chris

Gold
Oct 21, 2002
www.caribbetech.com
Dirt said:
I'm new to the Sosua area and interested fishing the local waters. I'm looking for any information that can get me started in the right direction. I like fishing the coastline rather then offshore. Thanks

Do a search for peter & alex. They live in Cabarete and I know Peter is a keen shoreline fisherman. Send him a pm or e-mail and I'm sure can tell you a lot about fishing the coastline.

Escott

Gold
Jan 14, 2002
www.escottinsosua.blogspot.com
Hook up with a fellow by the name of Pablo. Marco at Rockys has his number and I have heard from folks that they did very well with him and had a great time. I don't have his number and I lost his link when my website crashed last year and I haven't bothered getting links back up since.

Scott

Dirt

Jun 10, 2004
Thank you all for your help! I agree fishing for UBH is allot easier--that's how I got my nickname, Dirt! Thanks again.