i don't know how to go about gettin a job on contract in dominican !!!! HELPPPP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Van2004

Jun 14, 2004
www.loversss.friendpages.com
i want a job on contract for a few months in dominican preferablly punta cana(entertainment/activities)...and i have know idea how to go about doing so ..i am a student but i want to take some time and go away and work if anyone knows anything let me no plzzzzz!!! hahahaha

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
I'll be the first on your case

First off, it is the Dominican Republic, the DR, Rep?blica Dominicana or Quisqueya or even Hispa?ola. It is NOT "the dominican." OK??

Next, unless you are Las Vegas grade or better, the chances of you getting a job in Punta Cana are like the yearly snowfall in the DR. NONE. What do you have to offer?

Try getting in touch with the head offices of Barcel? and the other hotel chains that operate in Punta Cana. Here you will have a tough time, I imagine..

Sorry,
HB

Van2004

Jun 14, 2004
Hillbilly said:
First off, it is the Dominican Republic, the DR, Rep?blica Dominicana or Quisqueya or even Hispa?ola. It is NOT "the dominican." OK??

first of hun, i am canadian i really dont give a **** if i called it dominican, also ive already been told it isnt very hard to get a job, my fsisters friend worked in puerta plata for a year on contract i am tyin to reach her and i have plenty more to offer, i am also taking spanish lessons now at uccb, and i speak french as well, ive been a dancer since a very young age(including a very well merengue dancer) but most of all singer!!!! i have been singing at various functions since i was about 5..i had many roles in musicals (most recent) had the lead role in the musical grease where i played sandy ..and i sang for the WORLD junior hockey game this past year..and the ECMA awards...i have plenty of work exsperienece and am a very nice gola orientated person...if i dont have anything to "offer" then i dont no how the unedgucated people that speack only one language and are cranky have jobs there O and by the way "hillbilly" i am also a very actractive young girl ...THX for your reply though hun ;)

Van2004

Jun 14, 2004
mobrouser said:
i bet you make friends really easily, too.

hey mob..actually i do :mad: ahhah i have plenty of friends and i loveee meeting new people ..different language different raceee rich poor anything!! i find people very intresting...i mean i have my click whom i must say r my best friends ...but i have plenty of friends from all over....thx for caring so much though ..i wonder if that helped satisfy your sarcastic remark :p

MaineGirl

The Way Life Should Be...
Jun 23, 2002
amity.beane.org
"Hunny" back at you, Van2004. I'm here to validate your dreams. You should definitely head right down to the Dominican and shake what your momma gave you. Hillbilly doesn't really know what he is talking about anyway. With your skills it should be super easy to find a GREAT job. Let me also add that there are a LOT of goodlooking guys down in the Dominican who can help you get started in your career, once you make these important contacts with hotel staff you will be sure to find a great, great GREAT job. Just get your ticket and head down there and find the place you want to work and meet someof these guys and if you are as GOOD AS YOU SAY there should be no problem. No worries if you don't speak good Spanish, no one cares about that down there, if you are cute enough everything will work out just fine. Well and your French will suuuuuuure come in handy, if all else fails just go over to Haiti, I hear they have nice unspoiled beaches anyway.
:tired: :angry: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :alien:

MG (beating her head against the keyboard)

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Think you can find the shift key on your keyboard?

We have many good people that live in the DOMINICAN REPUBLIC that could be of great help to you but with that attitude I doubt you'll be getting much help.

Good luck

Van2004

Jun 14, 2004
ahhahahah

OK hold up there guys ahhahahahha
i was merley sticking up for myself i posted my thread for help...and not to "start" anything ahahhahahah i just did not like his reply and thought if he doesn't no me why be so rude...kinda took my hopes down ya no!!!!!...also i don't hav bad attitude i am very nice and i rarley don't get along with people but i am not one to suck *** and take **** soooooooo the nasty reply i made that probably made me sound conceited was just a come back for "hillbilly"
later

Rami

Sep 25, 2003
people are trying to help

Before you start snippin at some who answer you, read some threads all over this site. They are people of experiance here. People like Hill Billy are probably the most respected. As to you being a Canadian and not giving a S**t as you put it, what you call the country, I am ashamed that you are from Canada. As to your education read your post, What Spellings?
RickiToronto , You want take over?

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Van2004 said:
Hillbilly said:

first of hun, i am canadian i really dont give a **** if i called it dominican, also ive already been told it isnt very hard to get a job, my fsisters friend worked in puerta plata for a year on contract i am tyin to reach her and i have plenty more to offer, i am also taking spanish lessons now at uccb, and i speak french as well, ive been a dancer since a very young age(including a very well merengue dancer) but most of all singer!!!! i have been singing at various functions since i was about 5..i had many roles in musicals (most recent) had the lead role in the musical grease where i played sandy ..and i sang for the WORLD junior hockey game this past year..and the ECMA awards...i have plenty of work exsperienece and am a very nice gola orientated person...if i dont have anything to "offer" then i dont no how the unedgucated people that speack only one language and are cranky have jobs there O and by the way "hillbilly" i am also a very actractive young girl ...THX for your reply though hun ;)

I know a few strip clubs in Santo Domingo that are hiring.
Actually, I hear "The Dolls House" has a few French Canadians working for them.
I guess you will make RD$15,000 monthly and more if you offer extras.

Email me a photo to webmaster@dr1.com and I'll pass it around to see if anyone is interested.

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Van2004 said:
...if i dont have anything to "offer" then i dont no how the unedgucated people that speack only one language and are cranky have jobs there

What language do you speak? It clearly isn't English.

Van2004

Jun 14, 2004
alright

see i was very nice in the last one i wrote bc it was not intentional for me to give off that vibe of a bad attitude i was pissed at hillbillys coment, like i said "took my spirit down about it" sooooooo maybe u guys could grow up a little and get over it???? ill let you all know when i get a job there ive found much help here in other threads so thx again....and for teh guy who said i dont give **** ...im pretty sure i did not say i dont give a **** about canada i LOVE canada actually!! and i said i dont give a **** that i called it dominican bc everyyyoneeeeeeee doessss and he was very snotty with correcting me on that one..so it could have been replyed to more niceley...and as far as my edgucation goes ...i have my bachelor of arts at age 20 wich u would not get normally until later...i am taking my bachelor of edgucation now !! so i have plenty of time to do what i like bc im already ahead:) this is a thread..a forum ...as for me makin minor spelling mistakes ahahah this is not an essay or a forum of royalty sooo im not gonna put my replys threw spell check ..im typing fast i dont really care if i leave out a letter thx.....and if u gusy think this is a reply with "attitude" u r very correct ! what do u excpect read your replys ..i tryed to clear up what i sounded like first after replying to the first reply....also as for somone saying "hillbilly" is the most respected then i guess ATTITUDE and ignorance is the way to be ahahha PLeaseeeeeeeeeeeee ...bye

KrackedKris

On Vacation!
Apr 8, 2004
So why ask?

Van2004 said:
Hillbilly said:

With your qualifications, Spielberg should be knocking on your door, no need to ask the poor dumb people here for help

mobrouser

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
Van2004 said:
....i dont really care....

Van2004 said:
....i really dont give a **** ....

it is clearly apparent that you don't care about a number of things . including first impressions.

please explain why any of the members here should feel comfortable referring you to their connections in the tourism industry after seeing your reactions on this board?

are you getting it yet?

mob

Sharron

Dec 19, 2002
That the ****

dont no how the unedgucated people that speack only one language and are cranky have jobs there

And who the hell are you. I certainly have a very good education, speak more than one language and on most days I am not cranky, except when I see remarks like yours. I work in Punta Cana and my advise to you is stay away, we don?t want you here.

Go away and come back when you?ve grown up.

Sharron

Van2004

Jun 14, 2004
Sharron said:
dont no how the unedgucated people that speack only one language and are cranky have jobs there

And who the hell are you. I certainly have a very good education, speak more than one language and on most days I am not cranky, except when I see remarks like yours. I work in Punta Cana and my advise to you is stay away, we don?t want you here.

Go away and come back when you?ve grown up.

Sharron
k here its is plain n simple u guys are fuckeddddddddddddddddddddddddddd i am not looking to fight here ahahah i am grown up it seems as though u ppl like to pick ....and my father is part dominican!!!!!!!!! soooooooo im preettyyyyyy sureeeeeee i respect the peopleeeeeeeeeeeeeeee and what i said about them bein unedgucated . go to a resort my friend sharon and tell me they speak different languages and are edgucated OK!!!!! bc if u work there you should no taht about some of the resorts ...and i didnt say everyone is not edgucated so dont try n make a reason to fight! and when i say i dont care ...meaning i dont care what u guys think...get your ******* stories straight b4 u go on about other people u have no god dam clue!!!!! oO but im the one with the attitude ahaha give me a break!! ahaha i didnt make this thread for thi **** obvioulsy if u read my first msg u will see that and i replyed to an ignorant reply so GET OVER ITTT!!!!!!!!!!! my goD

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
She's hilarious. This is funnier than the clown bin.

Van, Hillbilly was trying to EDUCATE you in what the DOMINICAN REPUBLIC is called before someone less polite got to this thread. I've seen your webpage and it hurts to read it but I guess being young and cute goes a long way. Maybe!

How did she sneak that "f" word in?

Status
Not open for further replies.