Go to the experts... how to ship a little!

Miami

Jan 25, 2004
Hi Everyone.... got good advice last time from Rocky about pxs etc. now I need some more help.

When my husband and I move down in September we have several options on the approximately ten boxes of items that are very important to us( the other stuff goes on the auction block).

Should we store items in Miami until we get the lay of the land? We are renting on the north coast until we purchase.... should we try to ship at the same time we arrive (we do not like this idea)and MOST IMPORTANT to my husband....should he bring his very most favorite tools (not tooooooo heavy) for woodworking or buy new.... I think bring them as I think repurchasing will be ultra expensive...

Experts please advise... also on ways to ship from Miami that is best, if any of you know!

Thanks in advance.....!!

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
Does your husband know whether he can actually obtain replacements for his favourite tools here? That really is the first question - price comes later. It may be that he has some sophisticated stuff that may actually not be available here.

Miami

Jan 25, 2004
tools, etc.

Hi Back.... no (good question) he does NOT know if he can replace his tools but none are exotics...just good old tools. Other than the tools we have artwork that we will not part with and a few cooking items. We would sell the tools if they can be replaced at a reasonable cost...which was our first thought anyway.

We are selling most everything, which does not bother us in the least Handmade furniture is in our future! hah...We just want to ship things that are really personal to us at the most common sense, reasonable price.

Thanks again