Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Blackout record!!!

I am proud to report that my neighborhood won the longest blackout in 24 hrs period time frame in santiago.
    21 hours without lights in my area.
    Folks even if you think you are looking at apartments in a nicer residential area, make sure you find out if your circuit is not connected with a poor area. It so happens, I live in a nice area but my circuit is also connected to "buena vista" area. Many people in that area steal electric and haven't paid electric in many years. So when there is a shortage of electrical production, guess who gets the blackout first? You guessed it, the folks who steal. So naturally they get longest blackout in the city. Guess what? I pay alot for my electric but I am connected to the same grid. I get screwed along with the bastards who steal.
    Finally I have electric but I don't know how long it will last.
    AZB

I didn't last long...
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Hehehehe!!!

Quote Originally Posted by AZB
    I am proud to report that my neighborhood won the longest blackout in 24 hrs period time frame in santiago.
    Finally I have electric but I don't know how long it will last.
    AZB
    I guess that it did not last too long since you got kicked out of the chat room, hehe

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

It's getting worse in Puerto Plata, too, AZB. Yesterday we had 1 hour 50 mins. of power & it has returned now, which accounts for me being on the computer at this ridiculously early hour!

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AZB
    Congratulations, AZB! :-)

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Quick question on blackouts there

I see much on this board referring to blackouts in the greater Santo Domingo and Santiago areas. Do these blackouts affect in the downtown districts of each city as well? Or are they primarily in the residential areas?

Also, has Sosua and Cabarete been affected as severely as these other areas? I'm just trying to get a sense of this.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Here in Zona Colonial

Power isn't good here nd usually we don't have big problems. Its usually out afor about 10 to 12 hours at a time. Some days its on all day and others no good.

I wonder why they don't make it like 3 to 4 hours on and the same off. This way people won't lose food and such. But then That would be too nice for them todo that. I'm even worried about eating in some resturnats cause who knows if they kept their food cold or if its going to be tainted. Even the beer, in the last few eeks I've had a few bottles of skunk beer I had to return from getting hot then cold then hot again.

Hate when they mess with my beer. This has to stop

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Unreal...

21st Century and still only getting power 3-4 hrs a day. I dont know how you guys put up with this.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Karl
    21st Century and still only getting power 3-4 hrs a day. I dont know how you guys put up with this.
    We do it for the beer

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

FWIW

We have been been averaging 20+ hours of electricity daily. I am looking right now at a FULL inversor.

Don't worry AZB when we see you tomorrow we will have ice cold beer and a cousin if you are good

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by toneloc24
    I see much on this board referring to blackouts in the greater Santo Domingo and Santiago areas. Do these blackouts affect in the downtown districts of each city as well? Or are they primarily in the residential areas?

Also, has Sosua and Cabarete been affected as severely as these other areas? I'm just trying to get a sense of this.
    In Sosua I never know if there is power or not when I am home. I run my a/c 24/7 if that is what I want. At night you can tell if there is NO power because the street lights are out but I can't tell in my condo.

Scott

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast