A bit nervous

YvonneW

Jun 16, 2004
Hello All, Not being a seasoned traveler, I am a bit nervous about traveling to the Dominican Republic. However, My friend and I have planned a trip to Puerto Plata for the first week of July. We are to fly into Puerto Plata. I didn't know they had a jet airport. Is it safe to travel there in this day and age? Any comments would be appreciated. I hate to go on vacation worrying. Thanks so much...Yvonne :squareeye

Escott

Gold
Jan 14, 2002
www.escottinsosua.blogspot.com
YvonneW said:
Hello All, Not being a seasoned traveler, I am a bit nervous about traveling to the Dominican Republic. However, My friend and I have planned a trip to Puerto Plata for the first week of July. We are to fly into Puerto Plata. I didn't know they had a jet airport. Is it safe to travel there in this day and age? Any comments would be appreciated. I hate to go on vacation worrying. Thanks so much...Yvonne :squareeye
There are some things to watch out for just as if you traveled to any city in the US or Europe.

Use your head and keep your wits about you and you will be fine.

Escott

Jimmydr

Bronze
Apr 17, 2003
www.insearchofchicas.org
YvonneW said:

I have been here 25 times and its SAFE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Chris

Gold
Oct 21, 2002
www.caribbetech.com
Keep your head about you and don't forget to enjoy - you're going on vacation, stop worrying! Air travel is still the safest type of travel by far. Have you sorted out pick-up arrangements at the airport and transfer to your hotel?

dontuseEltour

Feb 2, 2003
leave your jewelarry at home your going on vacation less is more don't leave your things anyplace you wouldn't leave them at home.
Relax let the island time adhere to you as quickly as possible us taxis at night all the usall stuff. We took our son and freinds and didn't feel the least bit uncomfortable there is a deffinet miss conception the island is a lawless place and you have to go to a gated compound ,i'd like to say the more you interact with the local culture the less obvious you will make your self.IE go out looking worried and yep it shows have a great time.