Private teacher or tutor looking for students

Captain Hook

May 18, 2004
I was just wondering if there are any parents out there that are looking for a private teacher or tutor for their children (english speaking) for the September school year in any subject or grade?

dotmar

Sep 21, 2005
researching possibility of using a private teacher

I have a daughter in 6th grade. She has always been in private school. We are researching wether to go total private teacher, as we are paying for a good education, that we feel we are not getting and the school has travel/vacation restrictions. Do you have any advice?

Captain Hook said:
I was just wondering if there are any parents out there that are looking for a private teacher or tutor for their children (english speaking) for the September school year in any subject or grade?

L

LarrySpencer

Captain Hook said:
My only question is....when did September become an entire year? Were you a teacher back in the states, Canada, or Europe....Australia, New Zealand?....Well you get the point.

What do you think of teaching Spanishi students to speak English?

carina

Silver
Mar 13, 2005
dotmar said:
I have a daughter in 6th grade. She has always been in private school. We are researching wether to go total private teacher, as we are paying for a good education, that we feel we are not getting and the school has travel/vacation restrictions. Do you have any advice?

Hi, where are you located?
I see your point, and there can be solutions as well.
I would first check up/see where you feel your daughter is soft, and I mean comparing the level with your school back home.
Then I would put the efforts in those subjects.
For my son ( grade 1 highschool, which is 9th grade ), we are OK now.
When he was younger, I first of all paid extra hours to the Spanish teacher to get the Spanish grammar/spelling going faster. (As it is always easier to speak than to spell... ).
He also, for 4 years, got online lessons online, and worked by the computer with his school and teacher back home, and reached the grades each year by our Swedish standards. He also have papers on that.
Now, we are still skipping French that many schools have on their agenda, as I believe it is enough with English, Spanish and his mothertounge Swedish.
The hours the other kids have French, he is reading English books that are more difficult than what they are taught during English lessons, and he writes a resume of 5 pages appr. after having read each book.
For subjects like history, geography, maths, sience he still have online lessons by our school back home.
I would not hire a private teacher here though, unless they really are teachers. I would not hire someone in English for instance, just because they speak English. That is not being a teacher, that is being a native English speaker which is not the same as being able to teach.