It is time for all of us to...

marliejaneca

Bronze
Oct 7, 2003
GROW UP !!!!
How come it is acceptable for Anna to belong to 5 other DR related message boards but it is not acceptable for others to join and occasionally contribute to one other message board?
I consider DR1 a wealth of information. Lets leave it at that. Let us not scare away people by bringing up this old news and get on with our lives! Hell, it's summer here in the cold north and I am surely not wanting to check into a message board to read posts of people rehashing old old news, I have gardens to attend to, barbeques to attend, summer festivals etc. When I come online, it is my hope that my time here is spent possibly helping someone or giving words of encouragement, not wasting time reading garbage and posters at war with each other (which happens within this message board way too many times for it to be an enjoyable read, might I add).
Robert, delete me or not. I have never done anything wrong on this board, I respect rules too much, just let me say my piece and I do not want any comments or feedback, I just wanted to get this off my chest. I want and will continue to be a part of DR1 as well as Debbie's and any other DR site I choose, which is anyones right.
Personal grievances should not be mentioned on this board, unless you are trying to scare innocents away from just wanting to know about the country we all love, or sabatoge Roberts business. Think about it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Marlie

duhtree

Jun 2, 2003
How do you know Anna belongs to 5 others?
What are they?
Enquiring minds want to know.

Ladybird

Bronze
Dec 15, 2003
dreamteamdownloads1.com
At last, someones said it!!

Edited by Robert:

If you have a problem with a moderator, email or PM them. Posting your issues just aggravates the moderators and me. Ultimately that's not good for your longevity on DR1.

Some of you have gotten more from this site than you could ever have hoped for when you landed in this country. New friends, invaluable contacts, information etc etc etc.

Instead of throwing mud at the people that make this site possible, do something constructive and contribute in a positive way.

Last edited by a moderator:

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
marliejaneca said:
GROW UP !!!!
How come it is acceptable for Anna to belong to 5 other DR related message boards but it is not acceptable for others to join and occasionally contribute to one other message board?
I consider DR1 a wealth of information. Lets leave it at that. Let us not scare away people by bringing up this old news and get on with our lives! Hell, it's summer here in the cold north and I am surely not wanting to check into a message board to read posts of people rehashing old old news, I have gardens to attend to, barbeques to attend, summer festivals etc. When I come online, it is my hope that my time here is spent possibly helping someone or giving words of encouragement, not wasting time reading garbage and posters at war with each other (which happens within this message board way too many times for it to be an enjoyable read, might I add).
Robert, delete me or not. I have never done anything wrong on this board, I respect rules too much, just let me say my piece and I do not want any comments or feedback, I just wanted to get this off my chest. I want and will continue to be a part of DR1 as well as Debbie's and any other DR site I choose, which is anyones right.
Personal grievances should not be mentioned on this board, unless you are trying to scare innocents away from just wanting to know about the country we all love, or sabatoge Roberts business. Think about it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Marlie

You cannot post on a board and say "no comments or feedback" and expect people not to reply. Sorry, but that's what message boards are about and people will always be people.

As you may have noticed, these posts are deleted or closed very quickly.
How many active or open threads right now on DR1 are about other message boards?

We have hundreds of posts daily, thousands every month and we are creeping towards a 1/4 million right now. In reality, only a very small % relate to fighting, wasted space, other sites and other people.
Then again, for some people, that's what keeps them here and that's why they post. They are professional car wreck watchers, nothing you can do about that and in all honesty, it adds to the community. Any community needs this diversity to be successful. It can't all be smiles and roses otherwise it's gets boring and dies.

Posters fighting is something you are never going to stop, just like your never going to stop people fighting. It's how you deal with it that makes the difference....

suarezn

Gold
Feb 3, 2002
A lot of people here take this whole thing too seriously. It's just another one of thousands (millions) of forums on the internet. I belong to many forums and will continue to do so for as long as I feel like...
If you get ignored, banned or whatever just move on to another one and get on with you life.
Some people here are like little kids, bickering, calling each other names, arguing about that "my board is better than your board"...who gives a shlitz...it's a freaking forum for god's sake. Get over it!

duhtree

Jun 2, 2003
So?????
What are other DR threads?
I am interested in other opinions, trip reports,etc.
john

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
suarezn said:
A lot of people here take this whole thing too seriously. It's just another one of thousands (millions) of forums on the internet. I belong to many forums and will continue to do so for as long as I feel like...
If you get ignored, banned or whatever just move on to another one and get on with you life.
Some people here are like little kids, bickering, calling each other names, arguing about that "my board is better than your board"...who gives a shlitz...it's a freaking forum for god's sake. Get over it!

Exactly!!!!!

marliejaneca

Bronze
Oct 7, 2003
Thank you for the dignified reply, Robert.
Suarzen - I agree with you 100%.
I am sorry I vented, but I have not been on Dr1 for awhile because, surprise, surprise, I have a life, and I was shocked to see a posting regarding this old, silly issue.
So now that's that - lets all be civilized and enjoy!
Duhtree - just search the web for Dominican Republic !!!!
Have a great day,eh!!!!!!!!!
Marlie

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
I have no idea what the heck people go on and on about. I could never ever see Robert saying that I or anyone else CAN'T BELONG TO ANY OTHER MESSAGE BOARD. WHAT I do in my spare time is my business. The problems come from people that drag crap from one board to another. When you're writing in one board pretend that is the only one. What I belong to is for me to know and you to find out. :p :p

Right now I'm having fun with my grandkids. :p :p :p

ustelephone

Mar 31, 2004
www.ecoislandadventures.com
Robert is very correct in saying that the value in this site is priceless. I don't know who I would have gone running to for help to without it.

Also, I'm very satisfied here and have no interest or need to know about other boards. Anyone who does, use a search engine and enjoy.

I also agree that insulting and picking on moderators is wrong. Suggestions have always been welcomed, and as I have learned, are better made private.

Just one thing, I love watching the car wrecks Rob, is that something I should seek help for? Sometimes the being on this tiny island gets to a person. Just leave one or two car wrecks a week going. Maybe create a separate Forum specifically called "Car Wrecks" and move them over there.

Escott

Gold
Jan 14, 2002
www.escottinsosua.blogspot.com
Just so you know, there is NO OTHER BOARD even remotely as helpful and informed as this one. There are imitators but you will see, they are just a waste of time and have NOTHING going.

There are some sites that have good general and travel info about the caribbean but that is about it. Everyone knows this including the imitators and wannabes.

Some of the imitators even have slugs that go to other boards to hype them but we all know that they are the same people. One even has their own antogonists who come here to generate BS. Think about it when you read some threads.

Escott

Boards

There are many boards on the internet, I belong to a number, moderate, here and on another board, I also post on various boards.
Some are very informative and serve a purpose, questions, answers and reviews, some are geared to the tourist only.
Escott, I know belongs to 2 and his information and insight on the second board are always welcomed.
I have always used DR1 as a useful tool on the other board I moderate on when a question can be answered better here on DR1 or from a post that has been made on DR1.
Robert and I get along very well and neither of us seems to have a problem with this type of reciprical action.

Belong to whatever you want, enjoy the web.

? Hlywud

Chris

Gold
Oct 21, 2002
www.caribbetech.com
I really do not have time for more than one board but I was amazed at the number of boards on the DR out there when I did a search just a little while ago. I don't know how Anna can do it... 5 boards??? wow! one busy lady. The best I can do, is so now and again jump into pib's dominican cooking and find a local recipe - I don't even have time to participate - so, Pib, thank-you for all the recipes that I find on your board!.

I checked out a number of the boards listed on my search and decided I'll come back here.... imho, the best board.

ustelephone

Mar 31, 2004
www.ecoislandadventures.com
I second that, and go a step further. Everyone here knows it's the best DR site. The people saying how many other wonderful sites are out there are trying to say they don't like the opinions they get here. Most people on this board say it like it is, and that hurts some people?s feelings. That's usually not the intention of the writer, but some people want you to walk on glass for them. These people also have a problem saying "Oh yeah, you've got a point", or "Yeah, I was wrong". It's much easier to say "I'm going to the other board" Give me a break, they're not going anywhere. In fact, they're probably going to lash out at this message before the sun goes down.

By the way, I'm not referring to those who use other sites as tools. There are other sites that have value, but as far as which site is the best DR site, you're on it. Scott, for example, speaks of the benefits of other sites without speaking negative about this one.

Forbeca

Bronze
Mar 5, 2003
marliejaneca said:
GROW UP !!!!

:confused: I am definitely missing something here. Haven't sign on for a few days.

Where have you been girl? Lighten up, would you? it is summertime!!!!

Good to see you on the board again.