Hillbilly is a great cook

MrMike

Silver
Mar 2, 2003
www.azconatechnologies.com
I am happy to report that Hillbilly is quite an accomplished cook, just had "lunch" at his place with Pib and Bok (quotations indicate it was too big to be a regular lunch) and the man can cook! He even got my wife to eat vegetables, which no one has ever done before to my knowlege.

Thanks Hillbilly! (burp) 'scuse me.

Pib

Goddess
Jan 1, 2002
www.dominicancooking.com
'Great cook' happens to be an understatement. A seven-course meal is something you pay good money for, and if it is of this quality we are talking serious money. I am impressed, and although I didn't try the two meat dishes we ate so much that although we had skipped lunch we didn't eat until lunch today.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Aw shucks, (bashful, bashful)

I was a great time, I will admit.
Good, cold beer,
Some interesting taste treats: The meat dishes were hot (well not THAT hot), chicken wings, and General Chou beef..sort of spicy beef with orange flavors.

Since PIB doesn't eat meat, I persuaded her and Bok to come and eat here with the offer of sweet and sour cauliflower. Apparently it went over well. There was none left.

Today we ate leftovers in a Chou Fan...All told maybe 18 people ate the meal or part of it..

MrMike, you and Michelle just have to return so I can really make some hot wings for you!! No fair!

I'll try and keep that irritating Canadian guy away. He just drooled all over MrsMike....I can't seem to get him to understand that only common courtesy is keeping me from booting him out of the house. He is here every weekend!! And he eats here every weekend!! And he never shuts up!!...Oh good Lord, the Cross that I bear...

Thanks guys,

HB :D :D

Jersey Devil

Bronze
Jul 5, 2002
Thank you again!

I am not surprised about HB's cooking prowess. As a guest at
his home on the 10, I can attest to his grace as his host. My
brother in law and I were both well taken care of during our
visit.

Thanks again,

Michael aka JD

MrMike

Silver
Mar 2, 2003
www.azconatechnologies.com
Hillbilly said:
I'll try and keep that irritating Canadian guy away. He just drooled all over MrsMike....I can't seem to get him to understand that only common courtesy is keeping me from booting him out of the house. He is here every weekend!! And he eats here every weekend!! And he never shuts up!!...Oh good Lord, the Cross that I bear...

Thanks guys,

HB :D :D

What is the deal with that guy? Does he have a name? And what is up with the fake Brittish accent? (OK, lemme guess, he graduated from some fancy east-coast University and took the whole accent thing seriously) Where is he at on the sanity scale?

He used to have the entire staff at my grandmother's restaurant convinced that he had a permanent invitation to eat for free. (this went on for months) My grandparents saw him there all the time and assumed he was paying, gotta love a well organised operation.

In any case, there was no damage done to the meal or the good times, I'll put up with any number of semi-paranoid physical therapists (is that what he does?) to eat like that.

Adrian Bye

Bronze
Jul 7, 2002
MrMike said:
What is the deal with that guy? Does he have a name? And what is up with the fake Brittish accent? (OK, lemme guess, he graduated from some fancy east-coast University and took the whole accent thing seriously) Where is he at on the sanity scale?

He used to have the entire staff at my grandmother's restaurant convinced that he had a permanent invitation to eat for free. (this went on for months) My grandparents saw him there all the time and assumed he was paying, gotta love a well organised operation.

In any case, there was no damage done to the meal or the good times, I'll put up with any number of semi-paranoid physical therapists (is that what he does?) to eat like that.

Its not nice to talk about Rob like that.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
His name

Is Joe Manuel (at least that is what he says it is....) Supposedly graduated Stanford Medicine. He does physical therapy all over town. All home or office visits.
Never settled down.
Wierd, that is for sure.
Artsy, always at Cuesta and Centro Leon for "openings"and book launchings. For the free food? No idea. I sort of feed him like a lost puppy.
My wife calls him "El largarto Juancho" (Among other things. :D:D:D
)

HB