Aparta Hotel - comfortable living santo domingo....

Jennymiga

Feb 5, 2004
Hello!

I am currently in San Pedro, staying in a place near somefriends from here, but have found that there is not that much to do in san pedro and there is an endless supply of carwashes and motoconchos, and my friends are working during most of the day-eve. I visited Sto. Dmgo yesterday and found it much more appealing. If anyone can provide any suggestions on getting a place in Sto. Dmgo,I would appreciate it.

Also, the situation here with the electricity is extremely frustrating. Are there any places that can be rented by month that have plantas? From what I have found out so far, the aparta hotels are like that, but cost 400US or more per month. I guess I am trying to spend no more than 200 permonth....but could go as high as 300 per month, assuming that aside from that I do not have utility bills.

I did read a couple of threads on apartahotelsand there wassomegood pricing info in them. Just wondering if there are any suggestions for places that would be nearly as comfortable but a bit cheaper and include reliable electricity (clean bathroom). furniture is not necessarty as i brought an air matress and could care less aboutthe other furniture aside from a bed.

Your suggestions-feedback are greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
I have heard that Apart-Hotel Delta and Apart-Hotel Florida are good ones. I would suggest Delta since its in a better area. That's as much info. as you'll get from me since its all I know about this subject.

Oh, yeah. There is a hotel on a sidestreet off the malecon in SDQ called Duque de Wallington, it has some nice reviews by people. Maybe you should check that out or the Mercure Hotel in the Colonial Zone (ideal for bar hopping).

hansbert

*** Sin Bin ***
Mar 1, 2002
linguisticservices.aio-world.net
Pension Serena

There is a small Aparta Hotel in Calle El N?mero # 6, Ciudad Nueva near the Hotel Napolitano, but they have no generator. Blackouts do not affect that area that much lately. Room rates: 240 USD per month (furnished studios), they have also a few cheaper studios Enquire to Tel. 682 21 38 or to hansbert@tricom.net

rafael

Bronze
Jan 2, 2002
www.dr-tourist.tv
Ciudad nueva certainly has been getting affected by the recent blackouts. My novia has been getting just a few hours per day with lights etc. Usually the power is pretty reliable but the last few weeks have been murder. Yesterday and today have been much better but certainly not back to normal.

Our apartment is maybe 2-3 blocks from the Napolitano in ciudad nueva. The entire sity has been hit bad with the power problems.

As for an inexpensive place to stay, there are 3 little places on Calle Danae. They offer daily rates from 600-1000 pesos. I would assume that if you agree to stay for a month at a time, you can get within your budget etc.

hansbert said:
There is a small Aparta Hotel in Calle El N?mero # 6, Ciudad Nueva near the Hotel Napolitano, but they have no generator. Blackouts do not affect that area that much lately. Room rates: 240 USD per month (furnished studios), they have also a few cheaper studios Enquire to Tel. 682 21 38 or to hansbert@tricom.net