Rent an apartment in Santo Domingo!

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Trying to find a short-term rental apartment in Santo Domingo is no easy task. Most people end up booking a hotel room as short-term rentals just don't exist in Santo Domingo.* With this in mind, we started to look around for short-term apartments that we could recommened to our friends and the many people that send us emails.

Below is a link to one of Santo Domingo's only short-term rental apartments that we know of.* We personally know the owners, the apartment and can vouch for their dedication to providing a quality product, combined with excellent service and attention to detail.

http://www.dr1.com/rental/

lizzyjl80

Jun 16, 2004
Robert said:
Trying to find a short-term rental apartment in Santo Domingo is no easy task. Most people end up booking a hotel room as short-term rentals just don't exist in Santo Domingo.* With this in mind, we started to look around for short-term apartments that we could recommened to our friends and the many people that send us emails.

Below is a link to one of Santo Domingo's only short-term rental apartments that we know of.* We personally know the owners, the apartment and can vouch for their dedication to providing a quality product, combined with excellent service and attention to detail.

I jsut visited the site and I jsu thave to say these apartements were intended for gringos right? because to ask for 900.00 US Dollars for two weeks is a bit steep.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Think of it like a Porsche, some people can afford them, others can't.
We have just booked this for two weeks in July, obviously we have 1 or 2 Porsche drivers that read DR1.

Short term business/pleasure rental apartments do not exist in Santo Domingo.
This is the first one of its kind and set's the standards bar for others to try and reach.

franco

Nov 5, 2003
Robert said:
Think of it like a Porsche, some people can afford them, others can't.
We have just booked this for two weeks in July, obviously we have 1 or 2 Porsche drivers that read DR1.

Short term business/pleasure rental apartments do not exist in Santo Domingo.
This is the first one of its kind and set's the standards bar for others to try and reach.

Robert,

I think you missed me... :) BTW, apartment looks like less expensive than my car... :D

BrothaNature

Mar 29, 2004
Robert said:

Well, its not bad looking if you ask me. I dont think you have to be a Porsce driver per say, though.

solartimba

Dec 5, 2003
my experience

I stayed in the apartment, and I recommend it. The apartment, as advertised, has everything. Mirador Sur is one of the nicest neighborhoods in the city. It is safe, and it is quiet. The apartment is not simply furnished but well decorated (I sometimes felt embarrassed to invite Dominicans over because it looked so much better than the average Dominican home).

In my particular situation, because of the communication system, I was able to arrive and start working the next day. That is to say, there was no transition period. And, for me, that was the big advantage.

Finally, I consider this apartment to be competitively priced with the apartments in Santo Domingo. I challenge someone to find a better deal with the following characteristics: 1. Fully furnished 2. Cable internet/TV and AC 3. Located in an equivalent neighborhood 4. Available for short-term rental 5. Has an English speaking owner that is customer service oriented (you cannot underestimate the value of this aspect) 6. Can be reserved over the internet before you even arrive.

SugarBear

Oct 4, 2004
Rent an apartment in Santo Domingo

Touche,my Brotha'...touche! ;)

solartimba said:
I stayed in the apartment, and I recommend it. The apartment, as advertised, has everything. Mirador Sur is one of the nicest neighborhoods in the city. It is safe, and it is quiet. The apartment is not simply furnished but well decorated (I sometimes felt embarrassed to invite Dominicans over because it looked so much better than the average Dominican home).

In my particular situation, because of the communication system, I was able to arrive and start working the next day. That is to say, there was no transition period. And, for me, that was the big advantage.

Finally, I consider this apartment to be competitively priced with the apartments in Santo Domingo. I challenge someone to find a better deal with the following characteristics: 1. Fully furnished 2. Cable internet/TV and AC 3. Located in an equivalent neighborhood 4. Available for short-term rental 5. Has an English speaking owner that is customer service oriented (you cannot underestimate the value of this aspect) 6. Can be reserved over the internet before you even arrive.

Golo100

Bronze
Jan 5, 2002
$900 for 2 weeks?

When you consider the damage people can do to an apartment that doesn't belong to them $30,000 pesos is nothing. I would not rent my flat for $5000 for the same period. If you think that's expensive, try the same thing in another country.
TW

MrThick

Feb 22, 2005
How far is this neigborhood from the 'action"?

Yo:

$900.oo for a week is chump change homie, Man up and quit bit*chin'?

But on the flip you don't have to drive a porsche, honestly there overrated and overpriced for little dudes with little tools.
Sorry If I offended any Shaq types with Porsches. LOL.

Nah, but I am looking for a decent deal like this. How was the apartment in terms of proximity to everything. Beach, food, and most importantly fine *** women.

Get at me...
Peace

akipp

May 6, 2005
Is the owner Dominican?

I was wondering if the owner of this apartment is Dominican. I only ask because I prefer to support Dominican owned and operated businesses when in the DR.
It's hard to justify giving your money to a foreigner when there are so many Dominicans in need of cash. Dominican owners, in my experience, are more likely to invest their money in the local economy due to their close ties to the country and community.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
akipp said:
I was wondering if the owner of this apartment is Dominican. I only ask because I prefer to support Dominican owned and operated businesses when in the DR.
It's hard to justify giving your money to a foreigner when there are so many Dominicans in need of cash. Dominican owners, in my experience, are more likely to invest their money in the local economy due to their close ties to the country and community.

Yes, she is Dominican.

Conchman

Silver
Jul 3, 2002
www.oceanworld.net
If you think $900 for two weeks is high, try The Bahamas where I rent out my condo on Paradise Island for $900 per night ($1,350 p. night over holidays). $900 for two weeks for a decent apartment is good value, only $64 p.night.

Escott

Gold
Jan 14, 2002
www.escottinsosua.blogspot.com
The apartment is lovely. I have been in it more than once and just recently.

I just paid 109 per night at the courtyard for a room and then 16%itbis and 10% service.

They did throw in 1 breakfast for the money:)