Payback

Status
Not open for further replies.

lizzyjl80

Jun 16, 2004
Is there any form that I can make a man pay for every cent that I sent him. He told me to send him the money and that he was going to make a business investment and then neither the investment or the money came up. I sent this guy this money acting on the good faith. Is there anyway that i can make him pay me back. i have all the receipts from the agency where i sent it from. Please help me find a way to get my money back or at least put him in jail for a fair amount of time.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
lizzyjl80 said:
Is there any form that I can make a man pay for every cent that I sent him. He told me to send him the money and that he was going to make a business investment and then neither the investment or the money came up. I sent this guy this money acting on the good faith. Is there anyway that i can make him pay me back. i have all the receipts from the agency where i sent it from. Please help me find a way to get my money back or at least put him in jail for a fair amount of time.

I suggest you contact a lawyer. Take a look at http://drlawyer.com

Oche

Jan 6, 2004
Don't give up, spend your money on a lawyer so he can put the SOB against the wall, you might be required to appear before either a district attorney or a judge but it is worth it too see those professional thiefs crying out like babies saying they didn't intend to or didn't mean to steal money in front of the district attorney on the preliminary reunion (DA, Plaintiff and defendant).

lizzyjl80

Jun 16, 2004
Oche said:
Don't give up, spend your money on a lawyer so he can put the SOB against the wall, you might be required to appear before either a district attorney or a judge but it is worth it too see those professional thiefs crying out like babies saying they didn't intend to or didn't mean to steal money in front of the district attorney on the preliminary reunion (DA, Plaintiff and defendant).

so youre saying i should go and fight
is it worth it i mean i spent about 130,000 pesos onthis sob but is it going to cost me more than this you know for the lawyer?

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
One Question!

Is it a fairly big amount of money?. If it's not, think about it because chances are that you will spend much more to get your money, if ever, than if you just cut your losses. If it is, get a lawyer and sue his ax!!

Sorry, you posted at the same time that I was writing.
Get a lawyer and take him to court, teach him a lesson!!

Adrian Bye

Bronze
Jul 7, 2002
lizzyjl80 said:

Do you have a contract with the guy? If not, forget it.

If you have a contract, does it say "you may not make anything back, and by investing you risk losing all your capital", then forget it.

You made an investment. By its very implication you are taking a risk to get a return. Well, you lost. Its the nature of investing.

If you have a contract in writing that guarantees a particular return, then you have a case. Otherwise you are putting good money after bad. US $2600 won't take that long to earn from doing something else, and will make you feel much better to be focused on something positive, rather than something negative. As you yourself know.

Most importantly: re-examine the situation that caused you to send the money in the first place. Figure out exactly what lead you to that line of thought and to come to the decision to participate. Then make sure if you are ever in a similar situation that it will not happen again.

lizzyjl80

Jun 16, 2004
adrianb said:
Do you have a contract with the guy? If not, forget it.

If you have a contract, does it say "you may not make anything back, and by investing you risk losing all your capital", then forget it.

You made an investment. By its very implication you are taking a risk to get a return. Well, you lost. Its the nature of investing.

If you have a contract in writing that guarantees a particular return, then you have a case. Otherwise you are putting good money after bad. US $2600 won't take that long to earn from doing something else, and will make you feel much better to be focused on something positive, rather than something negative. As you yourself know.

Most importantly: re-examine the situation that caused you to send the money in the first place. Figure out exactly what lead you to that line of thought and to come to the decision to participate. Then make sure if you are ever in a similar situation that it will not happen again.

does love have a contract if it does then yes if not then i guess im F**ked. but will it really cost more than 130,000 pesos for the lawyer to prosecute. I mean i want my money and its not even about the money becasue really what is 130,000 pesos nothing but i just want him to pay for trying to put one over me and taking advantage and that the only legal way. Everything else will land ME in jail

Chris

Gold
Oct 21, 2002
www.caribbetech.com
Hey lizzyjl80,

I've seen your other posts as well looking for a job here and trying to relocate. You've not been fleeced of enough money to make these major changes in your life. Learn your lesson, move on and don't give men your money unless the relationship warrants sharing of resources - and note, 'sharing' of resources. You possibly won't see a centavo of this money back, laywer or no laywer.

Move on with your life!

Status
Not open for further replies.