Snorkeling....

Vegas M

Jun 23, 2004
I told you guys I would have A LOT of questions!!!!! :cool:

My husband and I are HUGE snorkeler's!! We just love it!! My question is, is there snorkeling off the beach from hotels or is the current to strong? Just curious to see if there is something you can do without going on tours?? I'm not big on going on these all day snorkel tours. We love to be able to do it at our own leisure.

Thanks!

FireGuy

Rest in peace Amigo!
Aug 21, 2002
www.polaris-fs.com
Some areas are good

and some suck!

Sosua has a reef just off the Playa Sosua and you can combine sailing and snorkeling on the Freestyle Catamaran trip www.freestyle-catamarans.com/ (wesite is down right now but do a Google search and you will find out lots of info). The best organized groups are from Northern Coast Diving in Sosua www.northerncoastdiving.com Ask for Brad.

Have fun.

Gregg

Last edited:

planner

.............. ?
Sep 23, 2002
In my experience the best snorkelling is at Sosua Bay. However, you can just go to the bay and put on your gear and snorkel. I recommend bringing your own gear, you don't need to rent, you dont' need an excursion or a boat. That being said, Freestyle Catamaran is wonderful if you are into an all day excursion!!! I've done the trip many times and never been disappointed.

If you have snorkelled elsewhere in the Caribbean, you will find the snorkelling here is average, it is not great. But a bad day snorkelling always beats a good day at work!!!

Have fun.