Sattelite T.V. / Internet

Wales

English Twit!
May 21, 2004
I am sure that over the vyears there have been lots ofv threads relating to this but can anyone tell me, which is the best way to go, We will need Englishh speaking programming / and good internet service / plus telephone.

Adrian Bye

Bronze
Jul 7, 2002
Years is not usually spelled with a 'v'.

Of does not have a v in it either.

And, english is spelled with one h, not two.

Finally, satellite is spelled just the way I wrote it here.

I hope this helps.

Adrian

Wales

English Twit!
May 21, 2004
Satellite TV etc

WOW !! lots of typos again. Must train myself to read before submitting. Otherwise I'm going to get complaints about my English. Sorry. Maybe too much Black Label to-day!

Wales

English Twit!
May 21, 2004
Satellite TV etc.

adrianb said:
Years is not usually spelled with a 'v'.

Of does not have a v in it either.

And, english is spelled with one h, not two.

Finally, satellite is spelled just the way I wrote it here.

I hope this helps.

Adrian

I agree but OR is not spelt with an f !!!!!!!!

Wales

English Twit!
May 21, 2004
T.V. etc

Wales said:
Sorry it was OF not OR . Can anyone help with the dishes - TV and internet not the china.

Wales

English Twit!
May 21, 2004
T.V. etc

Wales said:

However : english is not correct. It should be English - Touche - That's French isn't it?

pas

Jun 7, 2004
why alll that bullshit about how he wrote it!!!!!!!!!
are we in inglesh class here or so......
din't you understand what he wrote there??????????

did you...

oh.....
well then .....
why did you not answer to his question then......

he is not here for studying.....

Kimadj

Oct 23, 2003
Wales have sent you a pm.
Thought it best not to post for fear of spelling mistakes!!!!!

El Belga

Feb 17, 2004
www.betranslated.com
Stop bothering this guy please

Wales said:
However : english is not correct. It should be English - Touche - That's French isn't it?
Sorry, but "Touch?", in French, spells with an accent on the "e"...

Stop bothering this guy. This is not fair at all. All he wants is some info and not your sarcasms. If you cannot help, don't, but don't laugh at people just because they don't write in English the way you do. Are you Mr. Perfect ?

Adrian Bye

Bronze
Jul 7, 2002
Those concerned by my spelling comment should note this previous post from wales:

http://www.dr1.com/forums/showthread.php?p=216510#post216510

Rhetorical has an H in it.
Sorry. Hate abuse of English language. That's how we get our accent, same as green grass. We cut it and roll it for two hundred years.
p.s. I don't live in England right...

and then these two additional corrections he offered to others that made mistakes:

http://www.dr1.com/forums/showthread.php?p=217106#post217106

http://www.dr1.com/forums/showthread.php?p=216612#post216612

Personally I could care less how anyone here spells. I just found his original posting to be a little ironic given that he's already picked on people 3 times for spelling.

Wales

English Twit!
May 21, 2004
T.V.etc.

El Belga said:
Sorry, but "Touch?", in French, spells with an accent on the "e"...

Stop bothering this guy. This is not fair at all. All he wants is some info and not your sarcasms. If you cannot help, don't, but don't laugh at people just because they don't write in English the way you do. Are you Mr. Perfect ?
I realise (OED) that there should be an accent over the 'e' but unfortunately I have an Apple iBook which does not have that ability. Sorry again. I think I spelled Black Label OK didn't I. Now does anyone have any useful information please?

Chris

Gold
Oct 21, 2002
www.caribbetech.com
OK, back to the thread

Wales, we install satellite dishes for internet connectivity and voice over IP. It is however not the cheapest alternative.

In Sabaneta de Yassica there are few other alternatives, as DSL or Flash as it is known here, does not exist there.

There are two other alternatives - maybe someone else could offer more alternatives. Ramon out of Cabarete does wireless internet connectivity off one of the Verizon towers close by. I do not know whether he can reach your location.

Internet Cafe's abound and they are quite cheap. Perhaps it would be a good idea for you to move down, get used to the local way of doing things and then see what your real alternatives are.

As far as phones go, you need to check whether Verizon has local infrastructure in your area. If they do, dial-up to the internet is an alternative. Otherwise cell phones are quite cheap here, rates are cheap and most of us have only cell phones.

Television, I would suggest that when you are down here, you contact one of the local television dish installers (after you've verified that they give a good service) and get this done locally.

Regarding the spelling issues - We have English, American, German, Swiss, South African, Australian, French, Dominican, Russian, Other versions of Spanish and a host of other languages on the board. So, spelling is not so important and language is only important in order to get others to understand the issue. If we have to stand on language and spelling formality here, no-one will ever post.

pas

Jun 7, 2004
Chris said:
Wales, we install satellite dishes for internet connectivity and voice over IP. It is however not the cheapest alternative.

In Sabaneta de Yassica there are few other alternatives, as DSL or Flash as it is known here, does not exist there.

There are two other alternatives - maybe someone else could offer more alternatives. Ramon out of Cabarete does wireless internet connectivity off one of the Verizon towers close by. I do not know whether he can reach your location.

Internet Cafe's abound and they are quite cheap. Perhaps it would be a good idea for you to move down, get used to the local way of doing things and then see what your real alternatives are.

As far as phones go, you need to check whether Verizon has local infrastructure in your area. If they do, dial-up to the internet is an alternative. Otherwise cell phones are quite cheap here, rates are cheap and most of us have only cell phones.

Television, I would suggest that when you are down here, you contact one of the local television dish installers (after you've verified that they give a good service) and get this done locally.

Regarding the spelling issues - We have English, American, German, Swiss, South African, Australian, French, Dominican, Russian, Other versions of Spanish and a host of other languages on the board. So, spelling is not so important and language is only important in order to get others to understand the issue. If we have to stand on language and spelling formality here, no-one will ever post.

thank you chris

Camden Tom

Bronze
Dec 1, 2002
Kim & Paul said:
Wales have sent you a pm.
Thought it best not to post for fear of spelling mistakes!!!!!

I think you should post on this thread. It could be useful to many of us.

Wales

English Twit!
May 21, 2004
spelling

adrianb said:
Those concerned by my spelling comment should note this previous post from wales:

http://www.dr1.com/forums/showthread.php?p=216510#post216510

and then these two additional corrections he offered to others that made mistakes:

http://www.dr1.com/forums/showthread.php?p=217106#post217106

http://www.dr1.com/forums/showthread.php?p=216612#post216612

Personally I could care less how anyone here spells. I just found his original posting to be a little ironic given that he's already picked on people 3 times for spelling.

Don't you mean --- "couldn't care less" by the way the apostrophe is instead of the 'O'
Why don't you just stop and give advice if you have any.

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
The real answer...

Wales said:
Don't you mean --- "couldn't care less" by the way the apostrophe is instead of the 'O'
Why don't you just stop and give advice if you have any.

Chris has given you the scoop as straight as it can be.
Sabaneta is out in the boonies and it may be difficult to even find a cellular phone that will work out there.
If you want fast internet, you may be out of luck, unless you can get fast satellite service. English TV will have to be by way of satellite as well and if you can get a hard line from Verizon, you most likely will only be able to get dial-up service which is slower than molasses going up a hill in January in Canada.
Why don't you just move somewhere where you can have all the services you want. You're going to spend a fortune trying to get services that may be impossible to get there or just plain inadequate.
God help me if I mispelled anything...
Marco.

Jerry K

Jan 1, 2002
SatelliteTV

Dolphie Milz in Sousa can fix you up with a Dish network system. Best to subscribe in the states and just bring the receiver, remote and card down with you, buying the dish here. 100 channels will run you about $30-35 a month US. In your locale you should get about 5 or 6 off the air TV stations out of Santiago. Chris and her husband can fix you up with a satellite internet system where you both download and upload off the bird.

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Jerry K said:
Dolphie Milz in Sousa can fix you up with a Dish network system. Best to subscribe in the states and just bring the receiver, remote and card down with you, buying the dish here. 100 channels will run you about $30-35 a month US. In your locale you should get about 5 or 6 off the air TV stations out of Santiago. Chris and her husband can fix you up with a satellite internet system where you both download and upload off the bird.
PM me if you need Dolphie's phone numbers.
Marco

Chris

Gold
Oct 21, 2002
www.caribbetech.com
off the 'bird' hey

Jerry K said:

Sounds like you know something about this?

gjsuk

Apr 7, 2003
Mmmm!

Rocky said:
Chris has given you the scoop as straight as it can be.
Sabaneta is out in the boonies and it may be difficult to even find a cellular phone that will work out there.
If you want fast internet, you may be out of luck, unless you can get fast satellite service. English TV will have to be by way of satellite as well and if you can get a hard line from Verizon, you most likely will only be able to get dial-up service which is slower than molasses going up a hill in January in Canada.
Why don't you just move somewhere where you can have all the services you want. You're going to spend a fortune trying to get services that may be impossible to get there or just plain inadequate.
God help me if I mispelled anything...
Marco.

Marco
you usually give people some very sound advice but I fear not this time.
Sabaneta is hardly in the boonies now is it. I can get from there to your bar in the thriving metropolis of Sosua in about 15 minutes!
My Orange cellular service works extremely well in Sabaneta, in fact the reception is better than when I am in certain bars in Sosua!
Wales can have full DishNetwork service where he will be so I guess he is moving to somewhere where he can get all the services he wants at a cost that is no different from the centre of the universe in Sosua.
Impossible or plain inadequate? Not really wouldn't you say?
regards
Graham
ps start praying as it is "mis-spelled" or "misspelled" and not mispelled