What happend to Barcelo Imperial?

Gringo

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
I have looked all over Puerto Plata for the last six weeks and I can't seen to find my favorte Rum anywere.....Does anyone know what the reason for this could be?

Dolores1

DR1
May 3, 2000
www.
Gringo said:
I have looked all over Puerto Plata for the last six weeks and I can't seen to find my favorte Rum anywere.....Does anyone know what the reason for this could be?

Maybe all sold out! Usually they release their batch for Christmas.

Check out Brugal's Extra Viejo -- Siglo de Oro is too pricey, I agree.

Maybe it is time to make a trip to Santiago to see if they have it at the Nacional or Pola supermarket.

Probably one of our posters can do a check in Santo Domingo and see if it is sold out here. I would check for you, but I will be abroad for a few days starting early tomorrow.

Pib

Goddess
Jan 1, 2002
www.dominicancooking.com
Madrid Airport.

Seriously. We were not able to find it here in the supermarkets but saw a bunch been sold in a shop in Barajas. Rather expensive though, so we left it to them Spaniards to pay that much.

Gringo

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
Thank You Badpiece

badpiece33 said:
Goto Santiago and you can find it in all the supermarkets.
Badpiece
If you know for sure its available there I will make the trip...

El Viejo

Jan 2, 2002
Barcelo Imperial

I bought 2 bottles at the Super Super in Sosua this past Monday, RD$459 and the shelf was full. Rick

Mephs

Sep 11, 2003
Hey Gringo!

Gringo said:
If you know for sure its available there I will make the trip...

I'll be in Santiago this weekend. If I find any bottles I'll buy every one of them and let you know where to shop next year!

lizzyjl80

Jun 16, 2004
Mephs said:
I'll be in Santiago this weekend. If I find any bottles I'll buy every one of them and let you know where to shop next year!

If you were in the capital I would tell you to go to La zona colonial to a little shop called "La Casa de Los Dulce" I was there about a week and a half ago and ther was a shelf full.

CyaBye3015

Bronze
Jan 8, 2003
Rick

El Viejo said:
I bought 2 bottles at the Super Super in Sosua this past Monday, RD$459 and the shelf was full. Rick

I thought you were going home on the 22nd? I'm looking for your trip report!!

lizzyjl80

Jun 16, 2004
CyaBye3015 said:

C'MOM CAN YOU BLAME HIM FOR STAYING A FEW EXTRA DAY.REALLY??!!

I WENT ON A SATURDAY AND WAS SUPPOSED TO COME BACK THE NEXT DAY SUNDAY BUT ENDED UP STAYING FOR A "FEW EXTRA DAYS" (IN DOMINICAN THIS MEANS 2 WEEKS)

ITS PARADISE NO ONES IN A HURRY TO COME BACK TO THE "REAL WORLD" :cool:

Gringo

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
Thanks Rick

El Viejo said:

Sosua is closer I will pass by there, I had a drink tonight of some that I still had left.........The sticker price was still on the bottle RD.$199
Go figure!

El Viejo

Jan 2, 2002
CyaBye3015 said:

Bought rum Monday, came home Tuesday. I have a CARE package for you from Mayela and Valeria that I will mail today. Rick

El Viejo

Jan 2, 2002
Gringo said:
Sosua is closer I will pass by there, I had a drink tonight of some that I still had left.........The sticker price was still on the bottle RD.$199
Go figure!

I have half bottle left from Dec. 03 with RD $231 sticker on it. Just about doubled in 6 months. Rick

sweet0texan

Jan 9, 2005
Ron Barcelo Imperial

I was wondering if anyone knows of a store where I can buy a bottle of Ron Barcelo Imperial.

I just got married last February in Texas and my father in law brought my father a bottle of Barcelo Imperial as a gift and my father absolutly loved it, now have in mind that my father doesn't drink to bing with, but that bottle was totally tapped out that night.

I was wanting to get my husband and I a bottle and my father one also.

My mother in law is back at the Dominican Republic and my father in law is in NY so I'm not sure when he will be going or when she will be coming back. I was just wondering if there was a website where I can order a bottle or a store that someone might know of that I can contact to price it, in USD, and have it sent to me.

Anyones help would be greatly appreciated. :)

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
They had to get permission to produce more!

The 50,000+ cases of rum were already "promised" before they were borught onto the market this year.

In Santiago, Supermercado Naciional (and in Santo Domingo, too, of course) and Trapiche Liquor store. Price this year nearer RD$600!!.

Reason? Barrels come from Spain and the alchol comes from Venezuela!!

Heard that it wan a 2004 tasting. Hope to have credible evidence by next week.

FYI, HB only serves Imperial to his MFGs....:D:D

HB:D

Gringo

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
I was In Tropical over the weekend and they are selling it there for over 600 Pesos, also there is a special edition bottle 25th selling at a lot more.....just a fancy metal case

Escott

Gold
Jan 14, 2002
www.escottinsosua.blogspot.com
Gringo said:
I was In Tropical over the weekend and they are selling it there for over 600 Pesos, also there is a special edition bottle 25th selling at a lot more.....just a fancy metal case
I like the Imperial but you may want to try the other brands "Anniversario" which I like better.

Scott

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
RE: "The 'other" Imperial

FYI: That is 25 year old Imperial and costs about about double. I can check on it if you want.

HB :D