Looking for La Aurora Preferidos

smartyjoneslost

Jun 9, 2004
www.derbyglass.com
I hope to be visiting Santiago in the next three to four weeks. The last time I was there a few months ago, I found really good deals on La Aurora cigars in the Super Markets, but didn't see any Preferidos. Can I buy them in the Gift Shop at the Leon Jiminez factory? If so, what will the price be? Also, what is everyone expecting the Peso to do in the next month, up or abajo?

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
You can buy them at the replica of the original factory in the Centro Leon compound.

The #2 Preferidos are about RD$13,500 a box or about half of what they go for in the States. Las February they were in the RD$4-5000 peso range. Ah inflation.

Are you a cigr lover or just want cigars for some one.
there are lots of interesting cigars to be had if you know where to look.

HB

smartyjoneslost

Jun 9, 2004
www.derbyglass.com
Replica of the original factory in the Centro Leon compound

Hillbilly said:
The #2 Preferidos are about RD$13,500 a box or about half of what they go for in the States. Las February they were in the RD$4-5000 peso range. Ah inflation.

Are you a cigr lover or just want cigars for some one.
there are lots of interesting cigars to be had if you know where to look.

HB

HB, thanks for the info. That seems a bit pricey ($280US, or 13,500 pesos) since I can get them for $150 here in the US. I should have gone there during my January visit. Yes I am a Cigar Lover and have a Cigar Store as well. Thanks again.

dawnwil

Bronze
Aug 27, 2003
Listen buddy!

This may be off-topic, but here's a heads up: with a handle like that, you're not on my 'favorites' list. Take that and smoke it.