Any good dial-up internet service providers in DR?

CorletoLovesDR

Jul 8, 2002
Hello!

I'm going to D.R. next week and will stay there for 30 days. I'm taking my notebook computers. A few years ago, I know that Codetel (now Verizon) had internet service for like RD$300 a month, but that was in connection with a regular residential phone line (some service called VIP, or something like that).

I am a new member of AOL, and found out that there are international access numbers, but they can not be accessed if I've been a member for under 60 days.

Are there any good dial-up internet service providers that I could use, for just those 30 days that I'm going to be there?

Also, my notebook has a wireless network card. If there are any wireless internet facilities in D.R., that would be even better.

Does anybody have any information or recommendations? I appreciate it!

Thank you so much!

Corleto.

FireGuy

Rest in peace Amigo!
Aug 21, 2002
www.polaris-fs.com
Where in the DR

are you staying - it's a big country.

We can help if we know where but using good and dail-up in the same sentence is an oxymoron.

Gregg

comanche

Jun 23, 2004
Any good dial-up internet service providers in DR

Verizon DR Comunicard to access Internet.

CorletoLovesDR

Jul 8, 2002
Internet for laptop in Santo Domingo?

Hi, I'll be staying in La Capital (Santo Domingo). Yeah, "good dial-up" is an oxymoron. :) There's no such a thing. I really meant reliable provider.

I like the internet phone card idea. Does anyone know the rate?

Thanks a lot for your information!

Corleto.

JonX

Jul 1, 2004
CorletoLovesDR said:
Hi, I'll be staying in La Capital (Santo Domingo). Yeah, "good dial-up" is an oxymoron. :) There's no such a thing. I really meant reliable provider.

I like the internet phone card idea. Does anyone know the rate?

Thanks a lot for your information!

Corleto.

I think its someting like 700 pesos to sign up for an account and 300 yearly for the account, if you have VIP its all included and you do not have to pay for monthly internet, that is what i recommend. Im not sure about prices though, i know they are around that range.

You are very welcome.