Life is great, lights are on 24 hrs....

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
Too bad I am not talking about DR, Its USA that I am refering to. Its nice to be back in civilization. I never thought I would say this, But I will say that "I don't miss DR (for once)". Those Damn long blackouts had killed my soul within me. I remember awake all night sweating while my inverter desperately waited to get some charge to keep the fans going. Its never happened and I was suffering day and night.
Now I am so pleased to see lights "on" 24 hrs. A/C throughout the house. No potholes anywhere. People drive like civilized human beings. Roads and streets are clean as crystal. Everyone says "Hi" to you in atlanta. The food is simply delicious and I am being taken out to nice restaurants everyday. I have bought clothes, a DVD re-writer and many other goodies. I have spent all my money and still find more things to buy. This side of the world is simply just too comfortable and perfect. Now I can't take it anymore, I miss santiagoooooo.
Hahahahaha, just joking. I think I will stay a bit longer.
God bless Delta Airlines for bringing me to this heaven.
AZB

chuckuindy

Bronze
Mar 8, 2004
AZB said:
Too bad I am not talking about DR, Its USA that I am refering to. Its nice to be back in civilization. I never thought I would say this, But I will say that "I don't miss DR (for once)". Those Damn long blackouts had killed my soul within me. I remember awake all night sweating while my inverter desperately waited to get some charge to keep the fans going. Its never happened and I was suffering day and night.
Now I am so pleased to see lights "on" 24 hrs. A/C throughout the house. No potholes anywhere. People drive like civilized human beings. Roads and streets are clean as crystal. Everyone says "Hi" to you in atlanta. The food is simply delicious and I am being taken out to nice restaurants everyday. I have bought clothes, a DVD re-writer and many other goodies. I have spent all my money and still find more things to buy. This side of the world is simply just too comfortable and perfect. Now I can't take it anymore, I miss santiagoooooo.
AZB

If you need a loan email me. Welcome back to the first world. No lights in La Romana as we type. I just called. By the way do you have any wives in ATL? Icould be there in morning. AZB knows all the hot chicks.

Last edited:

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
Too bad our trips didn't co-incide!

Would have been great to hang with you in Atlanta (I know a few hot spots!)
Glad you're enjoying the stay!

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Hi y'all! Are all y'all gonna be back

for the Bash on the 3rd- 4th of July?

The situation here hasn't changed much. We still measure the electricity by if it has been on long enough to charge the inverters!!

Son #2 swears that the new genset will be working tomorrow...Would be nice...

But then I have to take care of it...oh well, at least we can wake up refreshed and not have to worry about electricity.

And I just read that electricity in Florida has gone up to 9+? a kilowatt!!

Have fun, AZB....go visit Five Corners and have a beer for me!

HB

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
Ok!

AZB said:
AZB
Now, do ALL OF US A FAVOR AND STAY IN ATLANTA, BIG-BELLY ONE!!!. I am more than sure that if you stay, Charlie would go after all your g/f's!!. haha.
Ps: say hi to your mom for me and I hope that she is doing well.

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
AZB said:
AZB

Hopefully this Summer won't be so hot to knock off light to a huge chunck of the planet. Remember last Summer? From Chicago to New York and even parts of Canada, no lights at all. It was only for a day, but people seemned to have freaked out. Remember those photos of the masses WALKING out of Manhattan?

Aah, who cares! Have fun in Atlanta! Nice town, just too spread out and becoming crowded in some areas, but nice all around.