Safe Place for Jogging in POP Area

Fiesta Mama

Bronze
Jan 28, 2004
Can anyone recommend a safe place to go jogging early in the morning in the POP area? I am hoping for a nice stretch of beach but as I am a female and will be running alone, I don't want to put myself in a dangerous situation.

I would be grateful for any suggestions.

Oche

Jan 6, 2004
best option is the Puerto Plata malecon, long enough for joggin or running, beautiful seaside view right beside long beach, it has an even better view than SD's malecon which has no beaches as PP does.

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
100% right on. It also has the added advantage of being where most other keep fit joggers, walkers, trotters go - early in the morning AND in the later afternoon!!

As a ONCE off every so often, you could take the beach from Long Beach to Playa Dorada as your route. Vary your time of running though if you do this so no-one knows when you will be doing it!! On the Malecon you are safe 07.00 - 20.00 hrs!! - Grahame.

Fiesta Mama

Bronze
Jan 28, 2004
Thank you both for your suggestions... I think I would feel totally safe on the Malecon, especially if that is the hot spot for this type of thing. As for running in the afternoon... no way, that's just too hot for me!

A.J.

Jan 2, 2002
Stick to the Malecon - One of my girlfriends was attacked while running in the morning from Long Beach to Playa Dorada.

Unless you are running with a partner I would not recommend (neither would the police) running by yourself at anytime from Long Beach to Playa Dorada.

And yes the guy was caught and put in jail - best translating opportunity of my life helping her out in the court system.

Fiesta Mama

Bronze
Jan 28, 2004
A.J. said:
Stick to the Malecon - One of my girlfriends was attacked while running in the morning from Long Beach to Playa Dorada.

Unless you are running with a partner I would not recommend (neither would the police) running by yourself at anytime from Long Beach to Playa Dorada.

And yes the guy was caught and put in jail - best translating opportunity of my life helping her out in the court system.

Thanks A.J. I will stick with the Malecon unless I have someone to run with.

frank alvarez

Apr 13, 2004
...or the Playa Dorada complex...

Depending on where you are staying you can certainly jog the malecon, although it will be the cement sidewalk and watch out for roots, holes, etc.,
or the Playa Dorada complex where you can jog safely just about anywhere, including the beach.