Doctors in Santo Domingo

Jan

Bronze
Jan 3, 2002
Santo Domingo Este
www.colonialzone-dr.com
I was doing a search for doctors and found the one where Ken posted about a doc. in Clinica Abreau. Dr. Fernando Contreras.

In general, how much does he charge for a visit and check-up? Just a general figure would be good.

Or are there any other doctors that might be good? I want one as close to Zona Colonial as possible. And english speaking also.

Tordok

Bronze
Oct 6, 2003
JDJones said:
Dr. Fernando Contreras is one of the best doctors (gastroenterologist) I have met in my life. He speaks excellent English, and if I'm not mistaken, graduated at the top of his class from Harvard. In my opinion, the guy is a genius.....

I've known Fernando Contreras since before he became a doctor.
As far as I know he went to Med school at UNPHU and did his residency/fellowship training in Philadelphia (at the Graduate Hospital) and not Harvard.

Harvard or not, he is an excellent physician and has a well earned reputation in Santo Domingo as the top G.I. doctor in the country. It is very expensive for the average Dominican to be under his care, but for those that can afford it, it's unlikely that there's anyone better.

- Tordok