Jimani: Good news for a change

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
From Monday's DR1 news:

In Saturday?s Hoy newspaper, reporter German Marte wrote about the work that Oxfam has been doing in Jimani. The focus of the Oxfam effort was the health of the survivors, to whom they distributed 16,000 gallons of drinking water and 1,000 packages of survival food sufficient for three days, and built 200 latrines. Public showers, washbasins and hundreds of trash receptacles were also distributed, along with hygiene programs for the 4,000 people housed in government facilities there. Other NGOs are working on a map of danger areas for the future and the development of food sources in sustainable agriculture to supply the area after the assistance groups leave the area.

Well done, gals and guys, you are doing us proud!!!

Chiri

Talldrink

El Mujeron
Jan 7, 2004
This is good news.

Hi Chiri, I was not able to read all the posts about the flood, so I may be out of date on this. Did you make it out there at all?

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
I think we are all delighted by the sterling work of Oxfam & the other NGOs. If the distressed people of Jimani had to rely solely on the government here, they would be waiting a long time (& in unsafe NEW homes). I think we are also delighted that this thread has returned to normal!