buying a home

Glennt

Mar 23, 2004
I have a question about the process of buying a home. I know the process in Canada is to make an offer on a house then, if it's accepted, have a lawyer do the due diligence to make sure the title is free and clear.
Is the process the same in the DR? OR do you have the lawyer perform the due diligence PRIOR to making a offer.
One more ??. How much can a gringo "usually" get off the listed price for a house? We are interested in the Sosua area. (Doing some long range planning)

Thanks for the input.

Wales

English Twit!
May 21, 2004
buying

Glennt said:
I have a question about the process of buying a home. I know the process in Canada is to make an offer on a house then, if it's accepted, have a lawyer do the due diligence to make sure the title is free and clear.
Is the process the same in the DR? OR do you have the lawyer perform the due diligence PRIOR to making a offer.
One more ??. How much can a gringo "usually" get off the listed price for a house? We are interested in the Sosua area. (Doing some long range planning)

Thanks for the input.

I do not think you really mean due dilligance. That is more than is necessary here in Canada. You have to do a search. My understanding in the DR is that, if there is anything owing on the property when you close, it has to be paid. Hire a good lawyer ( there are many on this board who will tell which one ) and trust him or her.