Info on how I can get around Domain name dilemma?

Gringo

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
I want to expand my web site here in the DR. I own a Domain name that is paid up for untill the year 2014......
My problem is my Domain name is in locked status and I have sent many emails, fax's and even telephoned the Company Domainnameregistry.com to ask them to take my Domain name off of locked status and put into active status as I can not do anything with it as it stands!
When I call the Company the recorded message says they only do business by email now!
The Company fails to anwser any of my emails or fax's.
Any suggestions as to what my next course of action might be?

Thanks

Gringo

timelessdreams

Apr 5, 2004
Domain Lock

Gringo said:
I want to expand my web site here in the DR. I own a Domain name that is paid up for untill the year 2014......
My problem is my Domain name is in locked status and I have sent many emails, fax's and even telephoned the Company Domainnameregistry.com to ask them to take my Domain name off of locked status and put into active status as I can not do anything with it as it stands!
When I call the Company the recorded message says they only do business by email now!
The Company fails to anwser any of my emails or fax's.
Any suggestions as to what my next course of action might be?

Thanks

Gringo

Gringo,

Why is your domain in 'locked' status? Is this something you requested?
Try using the 'DNS Change form' and place your request in BOLDED CAPS in the last field where it requires detailed info about the request.

Hope this helps!
Susie :alien:

Last edited:

quejeyoke

Jun 20, 2004
the domain "locked status" is set by the domain name owner. when it is locked it prevents your domain name to be transfered to anybody else.Try to get into the management screen for your domain, if you can't then your domain name might have been hijacked because you didn't lock it down to begin with or your domain registrar came up with other plans for your domain name. Also, Your domain name registrar might have gone under if they started doing business "only thru email", in other words, they might have cut and run. Don't pay ahead for so many years if you're not sure the next registrar company is very solid. Check out the link below for a report on domainnameregistry.com, and what? your domain name!?.. fugedaboudit!...

http://www.bbbsilicon.org/commonreport.html?compid=217005&code=IR

Gringo

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
Thanks fir the Info BBB

quejeyoke said:
the domain "locked status" is set by the domain name owner. when it is locked it prevents your domain name to be transfered to anybody else.Try to get into the management screen for your domain, if you can't then your domain name might have been hijacked because you didn't lock it down to begin with or your domain registrar came up with other plans for your domain name. Also, Your domain name registrar might have gone under if they started doing business "only thru email", in other words, they might have cut and run. Don't pay ahead for so many years if you're not sure the next registrar company is very solid. Check out the link below for a report on domainnameregistry.com, and what? your domain name!?.. fugedaboudit!...

http://www.bbbsilicon.org/commonreport.html?compid=217005&code=IR

The company has had a few problems in the past and my credit card company called me and asked if I had made the payment and if I was not satisfied they Master Card would cancel the charge!

aquaman

Jun 22, 2004
You still need a server to host your website and this company or technical person may be able to work directly with your domain registrar to resolve this issue. Your registrar simply needs to update the DNS records so requests to your domain name will point to the correct IP address on the web server. In case you don't already know, you can host your website anywhere in the world which be be seen by everyone. I used to be in the hosting business and I hope this helps. Scott