Unusual renewal of cedula?

pfh3737

Jul 2, 2004
I was surprised to discover that my recently renewed cedula had an expiry date for this year, in other words the same year in which it was issued.
I was of the belief that it would be valid for 5 years. Has anybody else had a similar experience?
I have the ?no vota? extranjero version and the cedula I was renewing had expired in 1999. Any ideas?

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Yes, 5 years is normal. It was either an error or the fact you had waited so long to renew your cedula.

I'll know more on Monday. My wife will be getting a replacement for the one that was stolen recently with her wallet. Assuming she gets one for 5 years, as was the one stolen, I'll ask somebody in the office about your situation.

POP Bad Boy

Bronze
Jun 27, 2004
I renewed mine

in September 2003 and it has a date of 2009. I am also a non voter. I had to go to Santo Domingo to renew mine.

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
Yes, mine have always been for 6 years also, also "no vota", also renewed in foreigners' cedula department in Santo Domingo. If it is a long journey for you to go to JCE suggest you call first & ask what expiry date they have for you in the computer system. That way you should discover whether it is an error, or your penalty for being a late renewee!

gringo in dr

May 29, 2003
I'm not sure why but mine is the same way. Expires at the end of this year. I'm expecting my new one to be for several years.