Azzurro Club Cabarete

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigCity27

Mar 4, 2004
Been seeing many good deals to this resort in late July & August. Has anyone been there recently? I stayed at the Sosua Bay Hotel in April & liked the location. Is this resort within walking distance to clubs, bars, restaurants, etc.? I tried to get info/pics from their website, but there really isn't any. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

appleman

Dec 18, 2003
BigCity27 said:
Been seeing many good deals to this resort in late July & August. Has anyone been there recently? I stayed at the Sosua Bay Hotel in April & liked the location. Is this resort within walking distance to clubs, bars, restaurants, etc.? I tried to get info/pics from their website, but there really isn't any. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Just underwent a major rehab early this year. Most posters that stayed there after the rehab had positive things to say about it. It is on the end of the beach strip, but definitely within walking distance of all the beach bars and restaurants in Cabarete. They also give free shuttle service to the Sosua Bay resort in Sosua and back again on a regularly scheduled basis.

Try a search of the DR1 archives, you should be able to turn up a lot more info.

Bob H.

altinkerbell

Feb 7, 2004
Stayed there last Feb

Although we were there during the construction we still plan on going back to see all the changes. Friends of the family checked it out when they were there about a month ago and said it was beautiful. Staff is great, beach is awesome, super close to all the bars.....lots of fun!! I'd say go, I can't wait to go back!

MotorCity Mike

Apr 9, 2004
I stayed there about a month ago and personally I think it sucked. I also stayed at the Sousa Bay Hotel and enjoyed that place.

When I was at Azzurro Club Cabarete, occupancy was so low that most of the services weren't being offered. The concept of all you can eat and drink was a joke. Most of the bars were closed and food was only being served in the small buffet with about 15 tables. There were flies all over the food in the buffet and none of the employees seemed to care.

Most of the time, there wasn't water pressure to take a shower and when it was on, the water wouldn't even get warm.

I've stayed at all kinds of hotels within the DR and most were what I expected......some good some bad...but again, what I expected.

This place surely didn't live up to my expectations and I would never stay there again.

MCM

tuss

Apr 11, 2004
I was there the end of April and it was great. It was full at the time (mostly canadians who got the same great deal as i did). The grounds were beautiful, the food and drink were also very good.

I have heard that they have pared down their staff and services for the summer because of low occupancy, so things may not be as great for the summer.

You can't beat the location though - right on the edge of the cabarete "strip", and free shuttle to sosua several times/day.

If you get a good deal i'd say go for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.