Child Prostitution

sea

Jun 8, 2004
Dominican Authorities Use Foreigners Posing as Tourists to Uncover Child Prostitution

By Peter Prengaman Associated Press Writer
Published: Jul 3, 2004

ap.tbo.com

Larry

Gold
Mar 22, 2002
I read that article this morning. The jist of it is that DR authorities had foreigners walk Boca Chica beach asking dominican men on the beach where they could find children for sex. Apparently, there were plenty of people on the beach more than willing to help and I believe a couple dozen people were arrested. The article went on to explain that the poor economy over the last couple of years has led to an increase in people selling their children for sex.

Larry

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
Cross, mother F'ers!!!

I just wish that they get all those perverts and take them to prison and then have someone like that monster, Saddam Hussein, do the investigation and tortures!!!!!!!.

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
I Wonder Where they Get the Facts

I agree it is a horrible practice but after 4 years and 25+ trips, I have yet to see these so-called sex tourists walking on the beach with children, or anywhere else with them, frankly. Sure there are a lot of men looking and finding the adult street girls, and you can clearly tell tourists with their own kids but this seems to be disproportionate to what actually goes on unless they are all doing this at 2 a.m. or something. The DR needs negative press that is not fact-based like it needs another Hipolito.

TEHAMA

Feb 3, 2004
Its About Damn Time!

What I saw in Boca Chica in May was very disturbing to me. Its about time someone did something. :angry:
TEHAMA

2time

Jul 2, 2004
TEHAMA said:
What I saw in Boca Chica in May was very disturbing to me. Its about time someone did something. :angry:
TEHAMA

I have not been there yet....but I hope I don't see any of this stuff....it would really been upsetting....what is the police stance on this officially and unofficially....
I ask because if I see something does it pay to report it....

Larry

Gold
Mar 22, 2002
Rick...

The article didn't say that people were walking along the beach "pimping" their children but explained that foreigners only needed to ask a person or two ( I assume the usual guys renting beach chairs and so forth), where they could find a child for sex and before long, one would be produced. If you ask me, printing an article like that is counterproductive because it only alerts all the pedophiles of the world who may be reading it where to go. Especially because it went on the explain that the pedophiles almost never get into trouble because authorities are rarely alerted to the act and even if they are, the child always denies it ( I know but that's what I read).

Larry

jmaz98

Sep 25, 2003
TEHAMA said:
TEHAMA

Could you tell me what you saw? I was in Boca Chica in May and didn't see a thing.

TEHAMA

Feb 3, 2004
I posted something earlier (a month or so) regarding the 40ish European women (they were topless) entertaining three male youths. One was visibly aroushed by his "new friend." This occured on a slow beach day, Tuesday. Few on here seemed disturbed by my comment since the youths were male and appeared to be 15-16 yold. But, in my opinnion is still the same thing.
TEHAMA

Larry

Gold
Mar 22, 2002
TEHAMA said:
I posted something earlier (a month or so) regarding the 40ish European women (they were topless) entertaining three male youths. One was visibly aroushed by his "new friend." This occured on a slow beach day, Tuesday. Few on here seemed disturbed by my comment since the youths were male and appeared to be 15-16 yold. But, in my opinnion is still the same thing.
TEHAMA

Completely different things. How can you even compare?

Larry

TEHAMA

Feb 3, 2004
Not going to debate this. My rule: "No Cedula, No F**k." Its very simple. Such actions have landed, even women, in jail stateside. And rightfully so.
TEHAMA

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
Alive and well!!!

ricktoronto said:
I agree it is a horrible practice but after 4 years and 25+ trips, I have yet to see these so-called sex tourists walking on the beach with children, or anywhere else with them, frankly. Sure there are a lot of men looking and finding the adult street girls, and you can clearly tell tourists with their own kids but this seems to be disproportionate to what actually goes on unless they are all doing this at 2 a.m. or something. The DR needs negative press that is not fact-based like it needs another Hipolito.
Rick, after 21 years and over 75 trips, I have seen it all. These people are sick but are also aware that this procedure is not advertised. It's more on the line of "word of mouth". I had been in Boca Chica relaxing and a fricking jack ax went up to me, mind you, I was with a girlfriend, and he told me that " WHATEVER YOU NEED, I CAN GET IT FOR YOU, women, men, boys, girls, drugs and anything". When I told him "you have 1 second to get the fuc* away from me before I kick your ax", he replied "ok, let me move to the next person" and off he went asking whomever was on his path. One does not see it everyday, but it's there.

ricktoronto

Jan 9, 2002
Still..............

Larry said:
The article didn't say that people were walking along the beach "pimping" their children but explained that foreigners only needed to ask a person or two ( I assume the usual guys renting beach chairs and so forth), where they could find a child for sex and before long, one would be produced. If you ask me, printing an article like that is counterproductive because it only alerts all the pedophiles of the world who may be reading it where to go. Especially because it went on the explain that the pedophiles almost never get into trouble because authorities are rarely alerted to the act and even if they are, the child always denies it ( I know but that's what I read).

Larry

You'd think with the amount of time I have spent there you'd at least hear about it or see it occur even if it was more on the QT than the article said- and I haven't heard nor seen a thing. Well, I heard of one guy got caught in the Cibao valley and paid US$5000 or so to hush it up, but that is one instance and a long way from BC or in plain sight.

I cannot imagine people walking on the beach where it was obviously an older male sex tourist and a young DR girl, or vice versa for that matter. I'd be interested in hearing about it from people who were actually there, actually saw something, and it was actually a child - not a 18-20 yr. old with a codger where the gap in ages was obvious ( which of course you see always) but not a kid with a person of any age.

Not belittling the situation whatsoever, but this sounds more like a lot of made up data to support a cause.

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
I agree, TEHAMA, European 40 ish females with 15 year old boys is the same bad deal as 60 ish American males with 14 year old girls. It is ALL child abuse. The power & responsibility lies with the adult in these circumstances, not the child. If a 14 year old girl is prostituting herself to get money for her baby's food, PLEASE buy the baby some food (& then go & find an adult working girl, if this is your scene).

ricktoronto

Jan 9, 2002
And I Concur, That Could be............

miguel said:
It's more on the line of "word of mouth". One does not see it everyday, but it's there.

I am trying to point out the article made it sound prevalent vs. as you rightly say, i am sure - "word of mouth" and "it's there", I am sure it is, and other places also, I just don't think it is common, in the open or obvious at all. Then tourists read the article and they don't think it is a good place to go. I think of Cambodia ( recent 20/20 report, e.g.) for this sort of in your face presence. Well if it is there then this gives the authorities some impetus to clean it up if they can find it - maybe they can quit hassling the legal age girls alone so they can walk on Duarte from one bar to another and not get arrested.

Ladybird

Bronze
Dec 15, 2003
dreamteamdownloads1.com
ricktoronto said:
You'd think with the amount of time I have spent there you'd at least hear about it or see it occur even if it was more on the QT than the article said- and I haven't heard nor seen a thing. Well, I heard of one guy got caught in the Cibao valley and paid US$5000 or so to hush it up, but that is one instance and a long way from BC or in plain sight.

I cannot imagine people walking on the beach where it was obviously an older male sex tourist and a young DR girl, or vice versa for that matter. I'd be interested in hearing about it from people who were actually there, actually saw something, and it was actually a child - not a 18-20 yr. old with a codger where the gap in ages was obvious ( which of course you see always) but not a kid with a person of any age.

Not belittling the situation whatsoever, but this sounds more like a lot of made up data to support a cause.

Oh Rick this is the first time Ive disagreed with one of your posts, why would someone make up such a terrible thing, its here ,,its everywhere ,,and the sick pieces of vermin that participate cover it well.

ricktoronto

Jan 9, 2002
Attention?

Maybe, I don't know. I am not saying at all it isn't happening, the article (here's a link) http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tm...p_on_re_la_am_ca/dominican_child_prostitution implies its "filling the beaches" and I just think it isn't the case. Anyway, if it is the case then as I also said, it gives an impetus (e.g. the world's criticism of the issue) for Politur and PN to do something about it. And they seem to hav hit on a trick of using an American decoy to go around asking, well done, there's a method that seems to work - but he's going around asking not tripping over these kids and I think an undercover approach will deal with an undercover activity.

Anyway the discussion is becoming quite circular, there I am sure is a problem, nobody in their right mind would advocate it, at the same time there is no need to blow it out of proportion and have tourists think it is so evil they go to Cuba or Mexico, etc.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
I think that we all agree that child exploitation is an horrendous crime!

What is the purpose of saying the obvious?
Saying "Oh My God,we should stop this", on a web site sserves no real purpose!
Like we used to say in the "60s","If You Are Not Part Of The Solution,You Are Part Of The Problem"!

If you want to help,"Put your money where your mouth is"!
Send money to an organization that help kids,"At Risk"!

Just be aware,that many people raise money using exploited children as the "bait"! Then claiam 90% of the money raised as "Fund Raising Expenses"!

There is a lot of "Evil" in this World!I don't have the formula to eradicate Evil,I wish I did!
cris colon