Dryer and blender wanted

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
Blenders are fairly inexpensive to buy here - try Casa Nelson (where they do your knickers) or any of the Compra Ventas (Compra Venta Antonio in Puerto Plata used to have them). Dryers??? Haven't heard of any of those going for AGES!!! - Grahame.

POP Bad Boy

Bronze
Jun 27, 2004
In POP

The Gonzalez furniture showrooms have dryers. They have two different locations both near Central Park.

Ladybird

Bronze
Dec 15, 2003
dreamteamdownloads1.com
Im in Sosua thats too far, the problem is when we have the rainy spells that last days I cant get all the stuff dry, and I cant afford to keep buying more, so Ive got to get one.Has anyone any idea how much they are?

NYerinDR

Jan 9, 2004
Ladybird said:
Thanks, Is that the full title of the store Gonzales? I'll try to find the number.

Hi:

I brought a dryer in La Silenas in Santiago 2 months ago. It is a electric one, and it costed around US$400.00. There was a gas-dayer in Price Mart in Santiago as well, it cost about same.

Gonzales has everything but it is a bit over price. La Silenas will be your best choice.

Herman

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
Hmmm.............

Ladybird said:
Does anyone have a blender and clothes dryer for sale please?

This combo is quite likely to damage the clothes though. And could be a bit small, like one pair of undies at a time, for an Osterizer.

Chris

Gold
Oct 21, 2002
www.caribbetech.com
NYerinDR said:
Hi:

I brought a dryer in La Silenas in Santiago 2 months ago. It is a electric one, and it costed around US$400.00. There was a gas-dayer in Price Mart in Santiago as well, it cost about same.

Gonzales has everything but it is a bit over price. La Silenas will be your best choice.

Herman

Herman, you mean La Sirena? (Are you the Herman on the next mountaintop from us?)

Ladybird

Bronze
Dec 15, 2003
dreamteamdownloads1.com
NYerinDR said:
Hi:

Herman

Thank you for your help but I cant afford that price at the moment, (unless Scott wants to buy me one for a wedding present.) Thats the reason I was hoping someone might be leaving and selling a used one. Does anyone know if there are any public dryers in Sosua?

NYerinDR

Jan 9, 2004
Chris said:
Herman, you mean La Sirena? (Are you the Herman on the next mountaintop from us?)

Hi Chris:

Yes, I am the one from the other side of the mountaintop :)

I was trying to look for your home the other day, but gave up after I reached Elchuco Village and the black top-road ended.

When are you guys going to come over for a drink, and have a look from this side of mountaintop.

Herman

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
I just love this. The other image I had was you 2 sending smoke signals from one mountain top to another! :knockedou
Be careful on the second hand ones, Ladybird, or you could be joining in the smoke signals!

JanH

Dec 26, 2002
Ladybird - we recently priced dryers there and the gas ones were almost twice what the electric ones were.

I'm like you - during the rainy days, there's nothing to do but string lines around in the house. For those of us who have to leave DR to go back home, the last couple of days are crucial for me to get the linens done.

We're buying a used one end of the year from a friend who only had it one year.

There aren't any public dryers in Sosua that I have found. There's a public laundromat across from Europa Hotel but only the washers are coin operated.

You may have to do what I've done is wash at home and take to the laundromat for them to dry. It's pretty cheap.

gary80vette

Apr 8, 2003
Ferreteria in Sosua

2 weeks ago they had an electric dryer in Ferreteria in Sosua. Not sure of the price though. I was looking at the front loading washing machine that was next to it (US$600).

Good luck with your search.

Gary

Ladybird

Bronze
Dec 15, 2003
dreamteamdownloads1.com
gary80vette said:
2 weeks ago they had an electric dryer in Ferreteria in Sosua. Not sure of the price though. I was looking at the front loading washing machine that was next to it (US$600).

Good luck with your search.

Gary

Which Ferreteria please???

Ladybird

Bronze
Dec 15, 2003
dreamteamdownloads1.com
JanH said:
Ladybird - we recently priced dryers there and the gas ones were almost twice what the electric ones were.

I'm like you - during the rainy days, there's nothing to do but string lines around in the house. For those of us who have to leave DR to go back home, the last couple of days are crucial for me to get the linens done.

We're buying a used one end of the year from a friend who only had it one year.

There aren't any public dryers in Sosua that I have found. There's a public laundromat across from Europa Hotel but only the washers are coin operated.

You may have to do what I've done is wash at home and take to the laundromat for them to dry. It's pretty cheap.

Yes I think thats the best idea Jan, where is a decent one near me please that has back up power??