Moving without a plan

Alexis

Jul 4, 2004
2 girls moving to DR...needing jobs and an apartment..any suggestions??...will be arriving in Cabarete September 2004

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Yes, be sure you bring lotsa money ;)

Read all you can on this site before you head down.

Larry

Gold
Mar 22, 2002
Alexis said:
2 girls moving to DR...needing jobs and an apartment..any suggestions??...will be arriving in Cabarete September 2004

I believe they are hiring at Casa De Equipo. Good luck.

Larry

Alexis

Jul 4, 2004
Anna Coniglio said:
Yes, be sure you bring lotsa money ;)

Read all you can on this site before you head down.

Why must we bring lots of money?? Hopefully we will have work!....thanks so much for your help!

Lex

MaineGirl

The Way Life Should Be...
Jun 23, 2002
amity.beane.org
I believe GirlieGirl on this board owns some shops in Cabarete, you may want to find her and send her a PM.

How old are you two? What skills do you have? Are you fluent in Spanish? Ever lived anyplace outside of your own country before?

A few specifics and maybe you will get more response. Most people will say you need savings, a good plan, good connections, flexibility, and skills that Dominicans cannot offer to even think about breaking even in the DR.

Dec 9, 2002
Why oh why

would you want to move to DR without having a plan? :confused:
For heavens sake, research everything you can on this site - it's chock full of useful information if you take the time to find it.
Why must we bring lots of money?? Hopefully we will have work!
Have you any idea just what the pay is likely to be - assuming of course that you can actually get yourselves a job? And if you are expecting to live on what you earn you will have to live like a local - do you really wanna have to eat rice and beans every day? Have you even been to DR and spent time away from a hotel complex?

For God's sake, get real. Get a proper plan in place before you move.

FireGuy

Rest in peace Amigo!
Aug 21, 2002
www.polaris-fs.com
Hi DB,

Greetings from Atlantic Canada.

Still probably won't work.

They will be earning a local wage in $RD pesos (if they can even find work) but will still be paying gringa prices for all the Dominican staple foods and probably even for their accommodatiions at least for a while or longer.

Hope I'm wrong but moving with no plan and little money has the potential to be an ugly scene.

Be sure to save enough money for a return ticket home, each, in case it doesn't work out.

Gregg

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Would you just get in your car and drive, not knowing where your going?
Maps are cheap and make life so much easier when driving.

This board is FREE and it will take just 3-4hrs of your life to do some planning.

Alexis

Jul 4, 2004
MaineGirl said:
I believe GirlieGirl on this board owns some shops in Cabarete, you may want to find her and send her a PM.

How old are you two? What skills do you have? Are you fluent in Spanish? Ever lived anyplace outside of your own country before?

A few specifics and maybe you will get more response. Most people will say you need savings, a good plan, good connections, flexibility, and skills that Dominicans cannot offer to even think about breaking even in the DR.

Hello MaineGirl!....Well I do speek spanish and my friend speaks a little. (I have been teaching her)....I lived in the Dominican about 5 years ago and for 3 years. I did my highschool there. We are both 21 years old!....So...who is it that owns some shops in Cabartete?? That would be awesome...thanks for the advice....so where bouts do you live?

Alexis and Kristy

Alexis

Jul 4, 2004
Escott said:
They can move in with me. I would need to see some pics first! They can have Roberts room.

Well pics I could send.....We are slowly coming up with a plan...a close friend of mine does real estate down there. She is looking into bar jobs for us. We are hoping to find a room or apartment somewhere near Cabarete. What kind of rent are we looking at?? In American. We will be being paid in American.
Thanks so much

Alexis and Kristy

Talldrink

El Mujeron
Jan 7, 2004
Bubbles and Barbie... You'll be fine! Do you know how to Mambo (if a Domincan man asks you, just say yes and you will be in business that night!)

Alexis

Jul 4, 2004
Talldrink said:
Bubbles and Barbie... You'll be fine! Do you know how to Mambo (if a Domincan man asks you, just say yes and you will be in business that night!)

Well morphious...that sounds great!!!...We will keep that in mind!...any pointers??

Alexis and Kristy

Escott

Gold
Jan 14, 2002
www.escottinsosua.blogspot.com
Alexis said:
Well pics I could send.....We are slowly coming up with a plan...a close friend of mine does real estate down there. She is looking into bar jobs for us. We are hoping to find a room or apartment somewhere near Cabarete. What kind of rent are we looking at?? In American. We will be being paid in American.
Thanks so much

Alexis and Kristy
I will wait to see the pics. If you are hotties you may be able to get a job on the beach. Possibly even make some money. Where are the pics?

Casa de Equippo's website crashed last week and isn't back up yet. I think Dawn may have some connections there though!

Scott

Alexis

Jul 4, 2004
Escott said:
I will wait to see the pics. If you are hotties you may be able to get a job on the beach. Possibly even make some money. Where are the pics?

Casa de Equippo's website crashed last week and isn't back up yet. I think Dawn may have some connections there though!

Scott

How do I put up the pics?? Do I go through my profile?? Well...of course we ar hotties!! ha ha.....Thanks for the help

Alexis and Kristy