Costalunga or El Candi

2time

Jul 2, 2004
now be4 you people start yelling at me to go search for info...I have already that is why I have narrowed it down to these 2....
So I am justlooking for a little extra updated info on them,

Like how far are they from each other and excatly how far are they from Hamaca, I ask because I know people that will be there.

Do they both have hot water and good AC in all rooms?

Do they prefer to be paid in USD or RD?

Now I see a lot of people mention about it may be more safe at El Candi, but being that I will be with a couple of men some you are spanish and speak it well, should I really worry about it.

Also if at night I want to travel do either of them have taxi out front or ae they only on the strip?

ed wooden

Sep 2, 2002
its okay

I Have Stayed At Both Places And Both Are Nice And Safe. They Are Only About A 1 Or 2 Minute Walk To Each Other. Costalunga Has BETTER FOOD

Have Fun

jrzyguy

Bronze
May 5, 2004
2time said:
now be4 you people start yelling at me to go search for info...I have already that is why I have narrowed it down to these 2....
So I am justlooking for a little extra updated info on them,

Like how far are they from each other and excatly how far are they from Hamaca, I ask because I know people that will be there.

Do they both have hot water and good AC in all rooms?

Do they prefer to be paid in USD or RD?

Now I see a lot of people mention about it may be more safe at El Candi, but being that I will be with a couple of men some you are spanish and speak it well, should I really worry about it.

Also if at night I want to travel do either of them have taxi out front or ae they only on the strip?

They are just a matter of a few feet from each other. so if it location you are worried about then either one is fine.

I personaly like candil a bit better...but i really think that is just a personal preference. I like the fact the the owner of candil personaly picks you up at the airport and will even drive you around the center of town and point out the better restarurants etc.

I also like candils "visistor" policy. If you are going to be bringing someone back to candil they will have to leave their ID at the front desk....and say if they leave without you the front desk will call you to make sure things are ok. This CAN be a pit of a pain in the butt...but for a newbie toursist its kinda good for your own protection. Constalunga is a bit more relaxed in this regard...which is cool if you know the ropes.

So really there is practialy no difference in the two places. I think i have found candil to have a bit more social activity amongst the guests...as there is a courtyard with a pool and a breakfast area that people sorta hang out. ITs kinda nice if you are traveling solo cuz you can hang out with some fellow americans for a bit

The owners at both places are very gracious...and the rooms are practicaly identical.

They are both just two blocks up the hill from the main strip (calle duarte). I have never had a problem staggering home late at night...but people have been recommending taking a motoconcho home at night (a mere 20 pesos) just to be on the safe side.

They are both only a couple of blocks from the hamaca.

hmmm..i think i answered all your questions.

I will send you a PM with my contact info

jj

2time

Jul 2, 2004
ed wooden said:
I Have Stayed At Both Places And Both Are Nice And Safe. They Are Only About A 1 Or 2 Minute Walk To Each Other. Costalunga Has BETTER FOOD

Have Fun

THanks, I have noticed that costalunga website does not work anymore should I be care about that.....I call and they are opened....

2time

Jul 2, 2004
jrzyguy said:
They are just a matter of a few feet from each other. so if it location you are worried about then either one is fine.

I personaly like candil a bit better...but i really think that is just a personal preference. I like the fact the the owner of candil personaly picks you up at the airport and will even drive you around the center of town and point out the better restarurants etc.

I also like candils "visistor" policy. If you are going to be bringing someone back to candil they will have to leave their ID at the front desk....and say if they leave without you the front desk will call you to make sure things are ok. This CAN be a pit of a pain in the butt...but for a newbie toursist its kinda good for your own protection. Constalunga is a bit more relaxed in this regard...which is cool if you know the ropes.

So really there is practialy no difference in the two places. I think i have found candil to have a bit more social activity amongst the guests...as there is a courtyard with a pool and a breakfast area that people sorta hang out. ITs kinda nice if you are traveling solo cuz you can hang out with some fellow americans for a bit

The owners at both places are very gracious...and the rooms are practicaly identical.

They are both just two blocks up the hill from the main strip (calle duarte). I have never had a problem staggering home late at night...but people have been recommending taking a motoconcho home at night (a mere 20 pesos) just to be on the safe side.

They are both only a couple of blocks from the hamaca.

hmmm..i think i answered all your questions.

I will send you a PM with my contact info

jj

good looking.....EVERYBODY this is a nice guy.

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
Not Right Again, I'm Afraid

jrzyguy said:

Costalunga no ID - and checked to be 100% genuine, no entry. Simple. Much different with the Mrs. ruling the roost lately. I recommend El Candil for this jamoke only because I would prefer he didn't inflict his Ho-speak on the Costalunga. Your other comments about the hosts make EC sound more suitable for a total newby anyway.

jrzyguy

Bronze
May 5, 2004
ricktoronto said:
Costalunga no ID - and checked to be 100% genuine, no entry. Simple. Much different with the Mrs. ruling the roost lately. I recommend El Candil for this jamoke only because I would prefer he didn't inflict his Ho-speak on the Costalunga. Your other comments about the hosts make EC sound more suitable for a total newby anyway.

well...when I stayed at costalunga on my very fist visit....i "befriended" a sankie.....he never had to show id...was able to come and go at will....and when i changed my room to avoid him he was still able to find me. Again..this was about 5 years ago...so they might have changed policy since then.

2time

Jul 2, 2004
ricktoronto said:

man Rick you don't let nothing go....I stop saying Ho even to myself...maybe you are right and I try to see your POV ....TRUCE

but what is a jamoke? and who is Mrs.ruling

ricktoronto

Jan 9, 2002
Go to El Candil

2time said:
man Rick you don't let nothing go....I stop saying Ho even to myself...maybe you are right and I try to see your POV ....TRUCE

but what is a jamoke? and who is Mrs.ruling

Seriously, I think it would be a better choice for other than the ID policy alone. It is quite nice there and they have a better breakfast by far.

jrzyguy

Bronze
May 5, 2004
ricktoronto said:
Seriously, I think it would be a better choice for other than the ID policy alone. It is quite nice there and they have a better breakfast by far.

Is Costalunga still under the same ownership as when i stayed there (i believe Mario was the owner when i was there a few years ago).

I agree...the bfast at EC is great....and like i said...he might be able to mingle with some of the like minded gringos who might give him some good advise.

i am happy to learn that coastalunga has tightened their guest policy tho. That experience i meantioned has kept me from going back.

ricktoronto

Jan 9, 2002
Tighter than a Nun's *********

jrzyguy said:
Is Costalunga still under the same ownership as when i stayed there (i believe Mario was the owner when i was there a few years ago).

I agree...the bfast at EC is great....and like i said...he might be able to mingle with some of the like minded gringos who might give him some good advise.

i am happy to learn that coastalunga has tightened their guest policy tho. That experience i meantioned has kept me from going back.

Yes, la jefa is ruling with an iron fist, e.g. even a girl that comes, say five straight days for a "date" (with the dinner and dancing , yuk yuk) with her cedula each of the five days, (real one that is) , forgets it on the sixth day, NO SOUP FOR YOU! I have seen this with my own eyes.

Apparently it is possible that the 23 year old girl on Thursday dropped 5 years in age in 24 hours on Friday. Call Steven Hawking!

Anyway it is commendable to prevent the 35,000 child prostitutes from coming in, as there is scant room for them there and they would disturb my reading by the pool, even if they queued up in an orderly fashion.

And EC is more of a colloquial atmosphere with "mongers" from NYC and I agree he will fit right in, vs. Costalunga where he would be ignored, three ways from Sunday. If he is there on Sunday, four ways.