What's your favorite place for strolling and jogging in SD?

Oche

Jan 6, 2004
I was just curious, what's your favorite place for strolling and jogging in Santo Domingo?. My favorite place for jogging has always been El Parque Mirador Sur, it sure is the place to be in the city for jogging, running, bike riding, skating, long strolls, etc. It's filled up with people usually from 6-9 am and also from 5-7 pm. I think el malecon (George washinton Avenue) is good for jogging at least on weekends when pollution is far lesser than weekdays, and besides nothing beats having a good ocean breeze while your exercising...

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
I like jogging either along the Malecon, in Mirador Sur or Mirador del Norte parks. It just depends which one I want to jog that day. Sometimes I do laps around the Faro A Colon. If you see a white Dominican guy jogging around the monument in jogging clothes among the tourist crowds, that's me. I don't like to do that alot because of the heat, but sometimes I just say "what the heck" and I go and do it. I must have been in millions of photos from tourist taking a picture of the jogging Dominican! :laugh:

frank alvarez

Apr 13, 2004
Strollin' and Joggin'

Strolling the malls (Bella Vista, Plaza Central, Acropolis and even Multicentro in Santo Domingo and Plaza Internacional and Multicentro in Santiago and Playa Dorada in POP) and the Churchill Boulevard for exercise walks and, of course, nothing like Mirador Sur AM and PM. El Conde pedestrian street at 6:30 or 7:00 p.m. is loads of fun for people watching.

Forbeca

Bronze
Mar 5, 2003
I do some heavy thinking while strolling the Malecon. My absolute favorite, preferably at dusk.

quejeyoke

Jun 20, 2004
When am in DR I like rollerblading in El Mirador Sur at dawn before the heat breaks loose but at dusk is fine too after the sun is done burning everything. But since I live really close to el Malecon, I go there more often than el Mirador Sur because of convinience.

solituna

Jan 26, 2004
From one end to the other

For me it's got to be walking in the Mirador del Sur, from the west end of the park, the parking area with all the peigeons, and to walk all the way to the other end of the park and back.
Why?
Cause on the way back I can enjoy "una fria" that is sold in a shop at the east end of the park.
I've also seen quite a lot of people walking and or running in the area around the Centro Olimpico. For me though, the shade in the Mirador park makes that a better alternative.