Can some body tell me

simpson Homer

Bronze
Nov 14, 2003
Does anybody knows if US resident need a Visa to como to Canada
I have some friends and families who are coming to a small activity that I have
They have the residency and passport I dont know if they need some thing else?

I will appreciated your answers,

Thank

Homer

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Homer if your friends are U.S. CITIZENS then no they don't need one.

Also the following reason:
persons lawfully admitted to the United States for permanent residence who are in possession of their alien registration card (Green card) or can provide other evidence of permanent residence.

Get tht info here
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/visas.html

PJT

Silver
Jan 8, 2002
Homer,

You did not include the visitor's citizenship information.

I do know this, a U.S. citizen only needs a valid photo ID, such as a state issued driver's license to enter Canada. A foreigner (Dominican) having a U.S. residence may be subject to Canadian immigration entry requirements for his/her country of citizenship. There may be finer details to this and it may be best to check with Canadian officials.

Regards, PJT

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
Anna's Post/Link

Is pretty expilcit - from the G of C web site- US Green Card holder is OK, and there is no mention of restrictions on their actual citizenship. I think it would be wise to have ID supplementing the green card though as there are a lot of bogus green cards out there, so Canada may want solid proof of who they are in addition to the fact they are a US resident alien.

simpson Homer

Bronze
Nov 14, 2003
Thanks

Thanks to all of you for the responses, I just talk to my aunt who lives in states, she had been here in Niagara falls for a visit, times ago before I came to Canada, She just need her green card and passport.

The reason that I was asking is because always there are changes about immigration regulations.

Thanks guys.

Homer

Wales

English Twit!
May 21, 2004
COME To Canada?

Why would you want to . We are about to leave having been offered the Earth as long as we paid them the value of the World. Canada is the worst place in the World to live : Health care is a Joke and in order to get it, you have to get on a 'plane to the US, If you can afford it. If you have money and want to invest, they will abslutely make sure you will leave with nothing. They say here " If you wan't to run a small business in Canada ----- Then start a very large one and WAIT. " We are leaving next month with what is left....

Adrian Bye

Bronze
Jul 7, 2002
Wales said:
They say here " If you wan't to run a small business in Canada ----- Then start a very large one and WAIT. " We are leaving next month with what is left....

A lot of people do very well with businesses in Canada.. Have you ever thought about the fact that maybe you just aren't very good at it?

FireGuy

Rest in peace Amigo!
Aug 21, 2002
www.polaris-fs.com
And after next month

Wales said:
Why would you want to . We are about to leave having been offered the Earth as long as we paid them the value of the World. Canada is the worst place in the World to live : Health care is a Joke and in order to get it, you have to get on a 'plane to the US, If you can afford it. If you have money and want to invest, they will abslutely make sure you will leave with nothing. They say here " If you wan't to run a small business in Canada ----- Then start a very large one and WAIT. " We are leaving next month with what is left....

Canada (and Nova Scotia in particular) will be a much better place to live - sans Wales.

Gregg
PSBO
(Prosperous Small Business Owner)

P.S. - We can see how well Wales does his relocation homework if Canada ate his lunch; the Dominican saga should be entertaining if he has the cajones to be honest about things. We'll see.

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
simpson Homer said:
Thanks to all of you for the responses, I just talk to my aunt who lives in states, she had been here in Niagara falls for a visit, times ago before I came to Canada, She just need her green card and passport.

The reason that I was asking is because always there are changes about immigration regulations.

Thanks guys.

Homer

Glad to hear that you got the answers you needed Homer - I am sure your aunt & friends will enjoy the short visit to Canada. I have been offered many a holiday with friends up there but as yet it is one country I have not visited - Mi culpa & my loss I gather!! - Grahame.