Perfect for a day at Sosua LaPlaya

Jane J.

ditz
Jan 3, 2002
Why is it called an L-string, though? Actually, why is a G-string called a G-string?

Avid knitter and underwearer,

Jane J.

Escott

Gold
Jan 14, 2002
www.escottinsosua.blogspot.com
after dinner last night on Cabarete beach and walking east from Lax on the Road I saw a new sex shop where they sold edible everything and even glow in the dark Condoms, edible condoms and much more.

Scott

Thebes

Jun 18, 2004
OMG! I did not expect that when I clicked ;^)

My wife just showed my these the other day. She's an avid knitter / crocheter etc too. She was wondering if there are any good yarn shops in the DR?

Jane J.

ditz
Jan 3, 2002
Hi Thebes, although many women crochet (hacer ganchillo), not so many knit (tejer). The quality of the yarns I found was not so good in the Pto Pta area, although there is a shop on JFK (in Pto Pta) called Mi Regalo that has some OK stuff.

Actually, I bought some twiney-like ribbon there used to wrap presents and I knit 2 halter tops with it - one was gold and was fuschia. They were so beautiful, but it turned out to be really expensive, as I bought it by the yard instead of by the ball....no al por mayor price given...

When I found out I was pregnant, however, I had to start buying yarn off Ebay....because Caribbean baby or no - booties and bonnets are a must! Yeah, I'm old-fashioned that way. :)

Thebes

Jun 18, 2004
Thanks for the info. I'm sure my wife will be happy that she can at least find something.

I was under the impression that ordering anything from overseas to the DR was a major problem at aduana? Have you have much trouble ordering craft stuff etc from eBay? I just assumed we'd have to kick our eBay habits :confused: