taxi from Santiago airport

Minni

Sep 14, 2003
Don't know the price of a cab from Santiago to Sosua, but Caribe tours would probably be cheaper and more comfortable. From Sosua to Santo Domingo the bus ride was 4US. So from Santiago it should be even cheaper. Buses leave every hour on the hour.
Minni

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
I agree with Minni

I got a guy a taxi a couple of months ago and it was $1`500 pesos. A little over$30 dollars.

You can spend $350-400 pesos for a taxi to Santiago proper - to the Caribe Tour station in Los Jardines, and catch a bus to Sosua for $200. Then a taxi for another $100 or so pesos ( they tend to be more expensive in Sosua) to your hotel.

Your choice. Let me know, because if you try to get one of the guys at the airport, Lord only knows how much they will charge you.

HB

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
What is the cost these days by taxi from STI to Caribe Tours in Los Jardines?

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
What is the cost these days by taxi from STI to Caribe Tours in Los Jardines?

Tambo, you will get a special fare. If you come on a weekend to sti then a private taxi company named: AZB-express will pick you up and drop you off at bus station for a total charge of a hand shake and a smile.
AZB
Now to answer your question, I used to pay 500 pesos from airport to my home in santiago. But I also used to call a cab driver who used to do it for 350 and I would give him 400. I lost his number.
AZB

P.S. if anyone wants a phone number of a taxi driver in santo domingo who will take you to sdq airport from center of city for 800 pesos, send me a PM. he speak english but his car seems like it had a head-on collision with a tank.

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
Tambo, you will get a special fare. If you come on a weekend to sti then a private taxi company named: AZB-express will pick you up and drop you off at bus station for a total charge of a hand shake and a smile.
AZB
Now to answer your question, I used to pay 500 pesos from airport to my home in santiago. But I also used to call a cab driver who used to do it for 350 and I would give him 400. I lost his number.
AZB

P.S. if anyone wants a phone number of a taxi driver in santo domingo who will take you to sdq airport from center of city for 800 pesos, send me a PM. he speak english but his car seems like it had a head-on collision with a tank.

Gracias for the generous offer/info, it is not for me.

tambo'

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
Gracias for the generous offer/info, it is not for me.

tambo'

Thank God!

346malj.gif

Now we won't have to lock up all the women in Santiago to safe guard them ! :bandit: lol

bachata

Aprendiz de todo profesional de nada
Aug 18, 2007
I know tambo wouldn't never bargain his transportation from sit to pop, he is what the taxi drivers will call.... Un client 5-5.

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
I know tambo wouldn't never bargain his transportation from sit to pop, he is what the taxi drivers will call.... In client 5-5.

I would not do that route without you JJ, the cooler and those 3 fit Mocanas!

bachata

Aug 18, 2007
We have a phrase in DR.El pasajero se conoce por la maleta That means that you can tell about a person (what you can expect from a costumer) Just taking a quick view in some of his questions.... How much will a public transportation will charge me from STI to, what is cheapest place to stay... etc, etc. ???
Tambo always stay one night at Hotel Gran Almirante in Santiago on arrival and before the departure day.

JJ

RV429

Bronze
Apr 3, 2011
The original Question STI to Sosua = $100 USD
Good English speaking driver, Elias 809-842-5557

bachata

Aug 18, 2007
It's a lot more convenience to book arrivals at STI with a driver who lives ten minutes away from the airport just in case of flights cancelation or delays....

Johan Gonzales cab 42 of Taxi Monumental; johan-4220@hotmail.com
He drives a confortable late model Toyota Camry, very reliable and responsible driver, I've been recomending his service since I moved to the US.
STI / Puerto Plata, Sosua = US $80. up to two passengers.

JJ