Not exactly DR related, but after having a bad day it brightend mine,hope it does you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gringo

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
A little girl went to her bedroom and pulled a glass jelly jar from its hiding place in the closet. She poured the change out on the floor and counted it carefully. Three times even. The total had to be exactly perfect. No chance here for mistakes. Carefully placing the coins back in the jar and twisting on the cap,She slipped out the back door and made her way six blocks to Rexalls Drug store. She waited patiently for the Pharmacist to give her some attention but he was to busy at this moment. Tess twisted her feet to make a scoffing noise. Nothing. She cleared her throat with a disgusting sound. No Good. Finally she took a quater from her jar and banged it on the glass counter. That did it!
"And what do you want?" the Pharmacist asked in an annoyed voice.
I'm talking to my brother from Chicago whom I have not seen in ages," he says without waiting for a reply to his question.
"Well, I want to talk to you about my brother," Tess anwserd back in the same annoyed tone. "He's really, really sick.....and I want to buy a miracle."
"I beg your pardon?" said the Pharmacist.
"His name is Andrew and he has somthing bad growing inside his head and my daddy says only a miracle can save him now. So how much does a miracle cost?"
We don't sell miracle's, here little girl. I'm sorry but I can't help you," the pharmacist said, softening a little.
"Listen, I have the money to pay for it. if it is not enough, I can get more. Just tell me how much it costs."
The Pharmacist's brother was a well dressed man. He stooped down and asked the little girl. "What kind of miracle does your brother need?"
"I don't know," Tess replied with her eyes welling up. "I just know

He's really sick and Mommy says he needs an operation. But my daddy can't pay for it, so I want to use my money."

"How much do you have?" asked the man from Chicago.

"One dollar and eleven cents," Tess answerd barely audibly. " And its all the money I have, but I can get more."

"Well what a coincidence," smilled the man. "A Doller and eleven cents---the exact price for a miracle for little brothers." He took her money in one hand and with the other hand he grasped her mitten and said. Take me to were you live.

I want to see your brother and meet your parents. Lets see if I can have the kind of miracle you need.

That well dressed man was DR. Carlton Armstrong, a surgeon,
specializing in neuro-surjery. The operation was completed
without charge and it wasn't long before Andrew was home again and doing well. Mom and Dad were happily talking about the chain of events that had led them to this place.

"That surgery," her Mom whisperd. "Was a real miracle. I wonder how much it would have cost?" Tess smiled.
She knew exactly how much a miracle cost...
One Dollar and eleven cents....plus the faith of a little child. A miracle is not the suspension of natural law, but the operation of a higher law....(A True Story)

Last edited:

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Very Uplifting "STORY"!

Lots of "Miracle" stories on the internet.I had to take a shot of "insulin" after reading it!
I don't believe it for a New York Minute,but it is harmless enough.
I can't find a forum on DR1 where it "belongs",so I'll just leave it here for the day! CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC Moderator

Status
Not open for further replies.