Playa Grande Closed?

twhitehead

Bronze
Nov 1, 2003
Went to Playa Grande in March and had a great time. Was looking at possibly going again next month but when going to the different travel sites the earliest date I could get was Nov 6th. Does anyone know has this resort closed for the summer? Are they have difficulties like before? Any info would be great...Thanks Tom

Nelly

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
twhitehead said:
Went to Playa Grande in March and had a great time. Was looking at possibly going again next month but when going to the different travel sites the earliest date I could get was Nov 6th. Does anyone know has this resort closed for the summer? Are they have difficulties like before? Any info would be great...Thanks Tom

Which resort are you asking about?

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Yes,

twhitehead said:
Occidental Allegro Playa Grande was what I was searching for - is there more than one resort at Playa Grande?? Tom
Bahia Principe.
I don't have any info on the hotel you mentioned.

twhitehead

Bronze
Nov 1, 2003
Recd this reply from another board ref this question - very unfortunate - don't understand why this resort isn't booming...tom

Re: Playa Grande Closed?
? Reply #1 on: 07/07/2004 at 21:12:13 ?
Hola. I called the general manager today and the hotel is closed again like last year and they are adding anew restaurant and children's club while it is closed.Any more questions please feel free to ask as I go there about 7 times a year(golf crazy).

appleman

Dec 18, 2003
I agree

Hlywud said:
To far from the action.

I agree Wud. There is nothing else near there and when occupancy is down it can get pretty Boring. Especially if you don't golf.

Bob H.

shootingstar2790

May 15, 2006
www.kassiecollett.piczo.com
I went to this resort in april and had an amazing time. When i was there the staff told us that it was closing for good and my heart broke. I loved it so much but now seeing that it is actually not closing and is simply shutting down for renovations i am estatic i would love to go back..... (Being a 16 year old white canadian girl) i had my fair share of how do you guys say shankies? all over me but i had alot of fun regardless and made a lot of great friends and cant wait to go back!

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
shootingstar2790 said:
i had my fair share of how do you guys say shankies?
A "Sankie is only a Shankie", if he manages to stab you in the back.
Also, he would be a "Spankie" if you catch him doing something wrong, and punish him.
He can also be a "Crankie" when you refuse to give him what he wants.
If he plays tricks on you, then he would be a "Prankie".
So if Frankie the Sankie gives you a Shankie and you get back at him with a Spankie, then he will be Crankie.

jwampler

Feb 5, 2004
Playa Grande

I believe you are referring to what use to be called Caribbean Village? Is that correct?
If so, it was closed at the end of April when I was staying near there and I believe it will stay that way as it makes way for the new Playa Grande Development.

There is a New Yorker magazine article which was featured in the Travel Section of DR1 back in March that describes what is happening. See the link below.
http://dr1.com/travelnews/archive/2006/tnews040406.html

Also, you can see the new web site for Playa Grande at:
Playagrande.com

Jack

jwampler

Feb 5, 2004
La Catalina

La Catalina is an Excellent Choice!!!

I also recommend Eden Bay Resort but bare in mind (no pun intended) that it is clothing optional.

Jack

wishingiwasthere

Nov 19, 2005
Too much time???

Things a little quiet this afternoon in Rockys?
Myself and the family will be there in a couple of days to try those ribs!
Hope you are well.

Dan

Rocky said:
Also, he would be a "Spankie" if you catch him doing something wrong, and punish him.
So if Frankie the Sankie gives you a Shankie and you get back at him with a Spankie, then he will be Crankie.

G

gary short

Rocky said:
So if Frankie the Sankie gives you a Shankie and you get back at him with a Spankie, then he will be Crankie.[/QUOTE

Hmmmmmm................very insightful, yet provocative.:laugh: :laugh:

shootingstar2790

May 15, 2006
www.kassiecollett.piczo.com
Rocky said:

I was refering to sankies i guess..... but very funny response non the less ..... adding it to my fave quotes list:p

amanacer

Dec 29, 2005
too funny

Rocky, you are too funny!
But Brits use this expression "to shag" (to have intercourse) so maybe shankie is a great new and very expressive mix:bunny:

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
amanacer said:
Rocky, you are too funny!
But Brits use this expression "to shag" (to have intercourse) so maybe shankie is a great new and very expressive mix:bunny:
So.... One might say....
Come to the DR, and be "shure" to "shag" a "shankie" on the "shores" of the "shea"?