Travel directions

andulela

Jul 7, 2004
I'm planning a Labor trip. I want to stay in Punta Cana. I was wondering how far would I have to travel if I land in Santo Domingo Airport instead of Punta Cana airport.

Dolores1

DR1
May 3, 2000
www.
Three and a half hours. Best to rent a car because the taxi will charge you about the same as a day's rental. Of course, you could share a taxi and split the cost. Best is to land at Punta Cana. If you do land in Santo Domingo, then spend a night in the city, and then take the bus out to Bavaro from Santo Domingo, much, much much cheaper than a taxi. Taxi could cost US$100. Think a bus is about US$4. Taxi to SD is about US$25 unless you can grab a cab with a local, then it is about RD$600 (about US$12).

PJT

Silver
Jan 8, 2002
The taxi tariff from SDQ to Punta Cana is US$ 120. A one day car rental is around US$ 75-95 with the fee including the car drop off charge at Punta Cana. Note: Rental companies such at Alamo, Avis, and National have drop off locations in Punta Cana, Hertz does not. Gasoline costs for a rental going the distance of about 125 miles will be about RD$500 computed at 25 mpg / RD$100 per gallon. If you opt to use a rental the best location to refuel the car before turning it in will be at the Shell station at the Beron/Veron Crossroads to the right just past the traffic control signal.

Regards,
PJT