Baninter message

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
I don't know why I received this message in my e-mail, nor am I sure that I understand it well, but if this info happens to be important to anyone here, I am pasting it in below.

Subject : Las cajas de seguridad de Baninter

| | | Inbox

Aqu? est? la informaci?n que me solicitaste:

Sobre las Cajas de Seguridad de BANINTER...

La Comisi?n de Liquidaci?n Administrativa del Banco Intercontinental, S. A., inform? que como parte de las labores de liquidaci?n de la entidad dispuso la apertura de cuatro mil cuatrocientas ocho (4,408) Cajas de Seguridad, correspondientes a todas las sucursales del pa?s.

Entre los valores y objetos que conten?an dichas Cajas de Seguridad se encontraron certificados de t?tulos, certificados financieros y libretas de ahorros, documentos personales, joyas, contratos suscritos, valores en moneda nacional y extranjera, armas de fuego, entre otros.

Las cajas de seguridad fueron abiertas luego de transcurrido el plazo otorgado mediante publicaci?n realizada en fecha 12 de marzo del 2004, en varios peri?dicos de circulaci?n nacional, para que los arrendatarios de cajas de seguridad de Baninter procedieran a retirar el contenido de las mismas.

El proceso de apertura tuvo lugar desde el 1ero. De abril hasta el 5 de mayo del 2004, y fue realizada en presencia de representantes de la Superitendencia de Bancos, del Banco Central de la Rep?blica Dominicana, de empleados del Banco Intercontinental, S. A., y dos (2) Notarios P?blicos, quienes mediante Acto Aut?ntico detallaron los valores y objetos contenidos en dichas cajas de seguridad.

El contenido de las cajas de seguridad fue colocado en sobres que fueron cerrados, sellados y firmados por todos los presentes, y firmados y sellados por el Notario Actuante. Dichos sobres fueron trasladados a las b?vedas del Banco Central a fin de ser mantenidos en custodia.

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
So if you didn't reclaim the contents of your security box when it was advertised in the national press, you now have to go to Banco Centrale where the contents are being held?
Is this a sort of public notification that these contents will now be held as assets of Baninter, prior to liquidation of these assets?

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
I guess so,

Lambada said:
So if you didn't reclaim the contents of your security box when it was advertised in the national press, you now have to go to Banco Centrale where the contents are being held?
Is this a sort of public notification that these contents will now be held as assets of Baninter, prior to liquidation of these assets?
That seems to be the message and I hope it's useful to somebody here who had valuables in Baninter's safety deposit boxes.
The mystery is why I received this message in my e-mail.
The most valuable thing I own is a peanut butter sandwich...

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
I think people with Verizon/Codetel email addresses are getting these messages, that is why I think it is a public announcement of sequestration of these assets. If people didn't collect from security boxes when the notice appeared in national press, they probably figured there wasn't much point in using the same medium again for public notification!

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Lambada said:
I think people with Verizon/Codetel email addresses are getting these messages, that is why I think it is a public announcement of sequestration of these assets. If people didn't collect from security boxes when the notice appeared in national press, they probably figured there wasn't much point in using the same medium again for public notification!
Makes sense.
I hope they still have my peanut butter sandwhich....