cHANGE FROM WITHIN!

mariaobetsanov

Jan 2, 2002
SOMEHOW DOMINICAN OF TODAY ARE EXPECTING CHANGE TO BE STARTED BY SOMEONE ELSE? hOW ARE THINGS TO INPROVE IF EVERYONE IS WAITING FOR THOSE IN THE POLITICAL OFFICES THAT COMMIT FRAUD, THEFT AND OUTRIGHT HANDOUTS TO KNOW WHEN OR HOW TO ADMINSTER THE PUBLIC FUNDS. tHERE IS NO MONIES TO MISMANAGE, ALL THE NATIONAL RESOURCES HAVE BEEN GONE WITH EACH POLITICAL PARTY THAT COMES INTO OFFICE. yOU THAT HAVE AN EDUCATION ARE THE RESPONSIBLE.

Larry

Gold
Mar 22, 2002
There are two kinds of people who post on here. The first are the ones who always lament on how is it we are going to "change" things. The second are the ones who take a step back, see how things are, and then decide how they can best fit into the picture and make the system at hand work for themselves.

Larry

mariaobetsanov

Jan 2, 2002
Lobbing and the private citizen!

I find that I find that many of the post complain that everything is out of control or that the government has not done this or that. These educated citizens, since they are dissatisfied, should and could change the system so that those in office feel their disatisfation with a vegenace. Sit in their office and make continious appointings keep them fully booked until your agenda is met. That what special instrest group do to get their point across, why not the private citzen.

Don Juan

Living Brain Donor
Dec 5, 2003
DR's # problem? : Corruption!

mariaobetsanov said:
SOMEHOW DOMINICAN OF TODAY ARE EXPECTING CHANGE TO BE STARTED BY SOMEONE ELSE? hOW ARE THINGS TO INPROVE IF EVERYONE IS WAITING FOR THOSE IN THE POLITICAL OFFICES THAT COMMIT FRAUD, THEFT AND OUTRIGHT HANDOUTS TO KNOW WHEN OR HOW TO ADMINSTER THE PUBLIC FUNDS. tHERE IS NO MONIES TO MISMANAGE, ALL THE NATIONAL RESOURCES HAVE BEEN GONE WITH EACH POLITICAL PARTY THAT COMES INTO OFFICE. yOU THAT HAVE AN EDUCATION ARE THE RESPONSIBLE.
You ever heard the expression: "power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely" ? It's way too easy for governmets to take their turn at pillaging our little country. the lack of serious penalties allows these parasites to literally get away with murder and they know it. There's not much an ordinary citizen can do to dismantle a system that's been in place since the founding of our republic. I suspect too many well-meaning folks have fallen into doing exactly what they bowed to fight against simply because of the lack of support and the lure of ill-gotten BIG BUCKS. Here's hoping that Leonel will do what's right and save us all from these danm thieves.

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
Larry said:
There are two kinds of people who post on here. The first are the ones who always lament on how is it we are going to "change" things. The second are the ones who take a step back, see how things are, and then decide how they can best fit into the picture and make the system at hand work for themselves. Larry

And those that type in all caps about things of so grand a scale and generalized they are pointless. I am struggling to think of a post by the OP that isn't along this sort of line from day one.

Texas Bill

Silver
Feb 11, 2003
www.texasbill.com
In reading the post that was made in all caps, i noticed that the begining of each sentence was in lower case. Through that observation, I assumed that the person posting wasn't aware how to change from lower to upper case and/or how to des-engage the caps-lock mode.

But, you're right about the use of all caps postings. many don't realize that the use indicates shouting instead of mere emphasis. i'm guilty of the latter sionce I don't want to take the time to use the underline feature of the board. Mea Culpa.

In the long run, we'll get used to using "normal" written vocalizations here.

Texas Bill

Ricardo900

Silver
Jul 12, 2004
Amen Brother!

Larry said:
There are two kinds of people who post on here. The first are the ones who always lament on how is it we are going to "change" things. The second are the ones who take a step back, see how things are, and then decide how they can best fit into the picture and make the system at hand work for themselves.

Larry
I am with the second kind of people. The system is not going change, well at least in my life time. When Leonel comes to office and pesos is down to 40 to 1 and blackouts only lasts 12 hours a day. Dominicans will be dancing in the street and I'll be with 'em.

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
I think the 'Good Lady' forgets that 80% or more of the posters on this site are Extranajeros & therefore are somewhat limited in the amount of "Change from within" that they are able make. All we are able to do is Talk, Talk & then Talk some more, to the people that ARE (sorry, that is emphasis NOT shouting, I can't get my italics to work!) able to influence change - The Dominican voters. Prior to the election, we were out daily persuading why people should vote purple!! (Hey ..... it worked Perfectly that time!!).

Come on Maria, give me some names of those people in Santiago that you know that can influence decisions in Congress & the Senate, & I'll drop them a line as to what I feel they can do to improve things from within!! - Grahame.

gmiller261

Dec 29, 2002
I like the idea of

"A call for mourning". As suggested in yesterdays daily news.

If someone could organize the masses to wear a black arm band to show solidarity against the power and hospital crisis, it would get certain peoples attention. As opposed to wearing all black, arm bands would be cheap and easy.

I would assume it would highlight government officials who would be averse to wearing them because of their ?guilt by association?.

But then again, Hippo would probably wear one. This guy is seriously in denial.

Gary

Texas Bill

Silver
Feb 11, 2003
www.texasbill.com
BushBaby said:
I think the 'Good Lady' forgets that 80% or more of the posters on this site are Extranajeros & therefore are somewhat limited in the amount of "Change from within" that they are able make. All we are able to do is Talk, Talk & then Talk some more, to the people that ARE (sorry, that is emphasis NOT shouting, I can't get my italics to work!) able to influence change - The Dominican voters. Prior to the election, we were out daily persuading why people should vote purple!! (Hey ..... it worked Perfectly that time!!).

Come on Maria, give me some names of those people in Santiago that you know that can influence decisions in Congress & the Senate, & I'll drop them a line as to what I feel they can do to improve things from within!! - Grahame.

Grahame!!!

Pass those names on to me and I'll join you in that project.
Unfortunately, all my communications will have to be in English, but I'm sure, if the comments are well received, they'll be translated and hopefully acted upon.

Texas Bill