Hello,I am dana

Dana

Jul 2, 2004
when I scaned website on internet, I found this website(dr1.com) undesignedly. Thouth my english is not good, I am chinese, I will learn english hard. I wish I can communicate with you and improve my english. :D
I have reached chat room, and met some friends. I am very glad for seeing many familiar names in here forum . :p :p

chuckuindy

Bronze
Mar 8, 2004
Dana

Dana said:
when I scaned website on internet, I found this website(dr1.com) undesignedly. Thouth my english is not good, I am chinese, I will learn english hard. I wish I can communicate with you and improve my english. :D
I have reached chat room, and met some friends. I am very glad for seeing many familiar names in here forum . :p :p

For those of you who have never met Dana, she is a wonderful lady who lives in, Zhejiang Province China. Zhejiang Province is situated along the shore of the East Sea. She is 25 years old and engaged to be married soon.

For the past fewl nights Dana has joined several of us in the DR1 chat room. Although her grasp of the English language is somewhat limited, all of us communicate with Dana quite well. There is a 11hr. difference in time, which means if she is chatting at 10pm Dominican time it is 9am the next day in China.

I hope all DR1 members have a chance to chat with Dana, she is very bright and a lovely lady. She has sent me a photo and I will ask her permission to post it.
Charlie

Forbeca

Bronze
Mar 5, 2003
Well, I don't do the chat thing :ermm: But I'm extremely happy you found our forum. Welcome aboard Dana.

Looking forward to your posts and getting to know you.

Rebecca

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
A BIG welcome Dana. I hope your stay here will be a long & fruitful one.

Once you are in & comfortable with the people who post here, it would be interesting to discuss the differences between the cultures of the two countries (& similarities). I am sure many of us would love to learn from what is possibly the OLDEST culture & determine how the DR is shaping up in the effort to develope itself into a more modern one. I think WE have a lot to learn from YOU!! - Grahame.

solituna

Jan 26, 2004
Nihao and Welcome!

Since some time back I now live in DR with my wife. The Mrs. is from Taiwan. Before moving here I posted a question on this board in regards to if there was a China Town in Santo Domingo. I quickly got an answer back that in the general area where the intersection of the streets Duarte/Mexico are, a lot of Chinese people have shops & restaurants. In fact I have found that there is quite a large Asian community in DR.
Most Chinese restaurants are popular due to the fact that you can eat a lot of food for a very fair price.
If your path brings you to this part of the world, I'm sure that you will have lots of fun!

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
Welcome, Dana. I promise you, your English is a LOT better than my Mandarin. I have only visited China once, going by train from Ulan Bator. The faces of the normally serious Chinese guards on the train, started to smile as I did terrible things to their language......so please post here & if anyone so much as comments on your English, we will ask them how good their Chinese is ;)

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Welcome to dr1, Dana. My son spent a year as an exchange student at a university in China. I'm going to ask him where he was in relation to where you live.

johnsr

Bronze
Apr 13, 2002
Forbeca said:
Well, I don't do the chat thing :ermm: But I'm extremely happy you found our forum. Welcome aboard Dana.

Rebecca

You Don't know what you are missing!! :speechles
John

Dana

Jul 2, 2004
Thanks, chuckuindy

chuckuindy said:
For those of you who have never met Dana, she is a wonderful lady who lives in, Zhejiang Province China. Zhejiang Province is situated along the shore of the East Sea. She is 25 years old and engaged to be married soon.
Charlie

I am very thanks for introduction from Charlie. I hope you'll like my photo. I think Charlie's introduction about me is very better than myself. I am very ashamed. :squareeye

Dana

Jul 2, 2004
Forbeca, I am very glad to meet you.

Forbeca said:

Rebecca

Forbeca, I am very glad to meet you. Though you don't do the chat thing, I think I'll know you from forum. I'll often load this forum and let you know me more. :classic:

Dana

Jul 2, 2004
Grahame, I think I'll like here.

BushBaby said:
A BIG welcome Dana. I hope your stay here will be a long & fruitful one.

Once you are in & comfortable with the people who post here, it would be interesting to discuss the differences between the cultures of the two countries (& similarities). I am sure many of us would love to learn from what is possibly the OLDEST culture & determine how the DR is shaping up in the effort to develope itself into a more modern one. I think WE have a lot to learn from YOU!! - Grahame.

Yes, I agree your opinion. I come from another country, and have many differences between the cultures of the two countries. You are too courteous, china is also a developing country, many parts are not Perfect. Especially, in the term of developing market economy China must learn from very much.

Like me, also learn very much from you.

Dana

Jul 2, 2004
I wish I can

Hlywud said:
A big welcome, perhaps you could upload your picture for the members gallery.
Hopefully you someday can make the long journey to paradise in the DR.

Vevy thanks for your invitation. I like travel everwhere, but now I am restricted by time and economic condition. I hope one day I can make the long journey to visit you.

Apropos of my picture, I don't know how to upload it for the member gallery.
but I'll try. :bunny: :bunny:

Dana

Jul 2, 2004
solituna, You really make me surprised!

solituna said:
Nihao and Welcome!

Since some time back I now live in DR with my wife. The Mrs. is from Taiwan. Before moving here I posted a question on this board in regards to if there was a China Town in Santo Domingo. I quickly got an answer back that in the general area where the intersection of the streets Duarte/Mexico are, a lot of Chinese people have shops & restaurants. In fact I have found that there is quite a large Asian community in DR.
Most Chinese restaurants are popular due to the fact that you can eat a lot of food for a very fair price.
If your path brings you to this part of the world, I'm sure that you will have lots of fun!

solituna, You really make me surprised! You can say chinese, oh, very good!
Give my best regards to your wife. yes, we can see some chinese in any corner of the world, which let me very familiar. The vision which you describe is very beautiful, Let me yearn for.
Very glad to meet you!

Dana

Jul 2, 2004
Lambada, my english-spoken is also very terrible!

Lambada said:
Welcome, Dana. I promise you, your English is a LOT better than my Mandarin. I have only visited China once, going by train from Ulan Bator. The faces of the normally serious Chinese guards on the train, started to smile as I did terrible things to their language......so please post here & if anyone so much as comments on your English, we will ask them how good their Chinese is ;)

Very glad that you have such an experience. Chinese language is not easy to study. You can say someting, which is very amazing. After all you only visted china once and didn't live in china. Thanks for your praise, and you know I often write something while consulting a dictionary. :chinese:

Dana

Jul 2, 2004
Ken, it's really?!

Ken said:
Welcome to dr1, Dana. My son spent a year as an exchange student at a university in China. I'm going to ask him where he was in relation to where you live.

OH, I come from Ningbo city Zhejiang province. Now I work in Hangzhou city which also in zhejiang province. Hangzhou city have beautiful WEST LAKE and Sadly beautiful legend. Off course Hangzhou have many universities. I hope your son goes to the college in Zhejiang too. ~~~~~~~~~~^#^

FireGuy

Rest in peace Amigo!
Aug 21, 2002
www.polaris-fs.com
Hi Dana,

Greetings from Atlantic Canada.

I also do not do the "chat" thing as my wife claims she feels she is a "computer widow" already. I do, however, welcome you to our little community and look forward to your insightful opinions from your perspective.

Gregg

Dana

Jul 2, 2004
Hlywud said:
click here Dana to upload your picture

I will post it as soon as I receive.Media Gallery

I have click the URL, but only saw many pictures, I don't foun where I can upload my picture. Can you explain detail? Thanks, Hlywud.

Dana

Jul 2, 2004
Hlywud, I have uploaded my picture!

Hlywud, I have uploaded my picture! The first I can't find where can upload picture, I found long time, and finally I saw it at the bottom of Webpage.

Thanks for your help. Hope to see photoes as soon as possible.