RC supplies in Santiago

gringo in dr

May 29, 2003
Does anyone know where I can find nitro fuel for an RC car in Santiago?

I've only found one RC store here and they didn't have any in stock and they aren't planning on getting anymore. Kind of like the Fuji film store that says they "might be getting some 35mm film in 3 months."

l_th

Jun 4, 2004
www.809k.com
Dont know about Santiago but there is a Hobby shop in Santo Domingo. Its on Ave Wiston Churchill in Plaza Fernandez in front of the RPM shop.

I think they'll probly have it in stock since the hobby scene here is a bit bigger then santiago

I'll see if I can get the number for you

quejeyoke

Jun 20, 2004
do I hear business venture??

you might be better off doing a little demographic in santiago and see if there is or could be a demand for you or some1 to support this hobby. If it looks good, or promising, take the risk and open up a little hobby store of your own and see how locals react to it, as plenty of times, you have to take matters into your own hands and start a new venue if nobody has done so in your neck of the woods. I know the guy that introduced the Verifone machines that you see every where and he became a millionare overnite. That's what you call "Un Palo!" (a smash hit). You most likely wont become rich with a hobby store but it may be enough to support your hobby's needs.

-my 2 pesos-

gringo in dr

May 29, 2003
Thanks for the replies. If you could get their phone number for me I bet I can get them to ship it out via metro.

The economy is a bit too unstable right now for me to open a business. That's just my opinion so take it for what it is worth. But it does sound like a good idea. It would definately target families in the upper class. If it caught on it could be a big hit. Knowing how businesses work here, you would only have about 6 months before competition started springing up. And some of that competition would be very well funded. You would have to be well funded to stay afloat.