Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: VooDoo Lounge

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default VooDoo Lounge

Hey People,
    Has anyone been to VooDoo Lounge in Sosua?If so,what are your thoughts on the bar,and the staff??

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Was there twice this past weekend. Damn good time.

Great for getting started for the night. Or when you had your fill of bachata or merengue and just need a break.

Staff was cool. Met one of the managers there. Was interested in my opinion on the music and the set-up. Was breaking in a new DJ.

Prices were cheap. Same regular Presidente I paid RD$100 in Cabarete on the beach for, costs RD$40-45 here. Cuba Libres & Santa Libres cost RD$60. Not sure about martinis and other drinks.

It's the most "American" cosmopolitan style bar/lounge in Sosua. I'd go back.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by toneloc24
    Was there twice this past weekend. Damn good time.

Great for getting started for the night. Or when you had your fill of bachata or merengue and just need a break.

Staff was cool. Met one of the managers there. Was interested in my opinion on the music and the set-up. Was breaking in a new DJ.

Prices were cheap. Same regular Presidente I paid RD$100 in Cabarete on the beach for, costs RD$40-45 here. Cuba Libres & Santa Libres cost RD$60. Not sure about martinis and other drinks.

It's the most "American" cosmopolitan style bar/lounge in Sosua. I'd go back.

You are misinformed my dear, hes been a DJ for years and worked at the Voodoo before, he went back to UK for a couple of months to fulfill bookings.
    Its the best Disco in town and the staff are great, theres another DJ returning there in a couple of weeks so it should be even hotter.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

If you want to go to a place without Dominicans and Dominican music and no Dominican flavour at all, The Woodoo lounge should be a great choice.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tor
    If you want to go to a place without Dominicans and Dominican music and no Dominican flavour at all, The Woodoo lounge should be a great choice.
    Well those of us who live here very easily overdose on all of the above...

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

They do great karaoke (cant remember correct spelling) twice a week, and the bathrooms are always immaculate, which is rare these days

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MrMike
    Well those of us who live here very easily overdose on all of the above...

my thoughts exactly

so what music are they playing there?

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

I was there 4 times in the last 2 weeks enjoyed the music.But there are 2 prices 1 for local 1 for tourist
    Presidente and vodka red bull 190 local
    tourist price was 300

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by Manxman

I was there 4 times in the last 2 weeks enjoyed the music.But there are 2 prices 1 for local 1 for tourist
    Presidente and vodka red bull 190 local
    tourist price was 300
    This most certainly is an error, this practise is not supposed to happen, please tell me who served you, describe them and in which bar were you served, I'll look into it and Im sure the manager, Ken will put this right for you. They are totally committed to their customers and would not condone this.

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ladybird
    This most certainly is an error, this practise is not supposed to happen, please tell me who served you, describe them and in which bar were you served, I'll look into it and Im sure the manager, Ken will put this right for you. They are totally committed to their customers and would not condone this.
    Jesus Ladybird, in your zest to pump up this place you are telling non truths. I even have the yellow voodoo lounge card to get the cheaper prices. FWIW it was 60 pesos for the Presidente last night with the local card.

Scott

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast